Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

some-advice-on-iui-and-ivf-please-

hi ladies, I am on my sixth cycle of clomid and thinking about taking the next steps either into IUI or IVF, I have heard there are some amazing clinics abroad that work out quite a bit cheaper than doing it in the UK but provide a high level of care and success. Can anyone give me any advice for the next steps and also if anyone recommends a clinic, I live in Hampshire.

Thank you ladies x

Replies

• Options

Hi I am not aware of any clinics I am afraid and we live in the south west, I have just had my first injectable IUI cycle and got a BFP. For us IUI was the first step as we had male factor issues. Very lucky that the procedure worked first time. If I can help at all xx

• Options
    Hi Levi, I'm sorry clomid hasn't helped you get your bfp.

Are you definatley not entitled to treatment on nhs?

I just googled fertility clinics, there aren't that many around! I had a choice of Northampton or London, so we went to an open eve for Northampton as it would be a lot less stress getting there for regular appointments and the had good success rates.

After we had been to the open eve, we paid a fee to see a consultant where they discussed all there treatments, what our preference was and also the financial side of the choices.

Once we discovered that I had a fertility issue it made it an easy choice that ivf was best for us. Unfortunately it didn't work the first time and we are now waiting for our follow up to find out when we can try the frozen cycle.

Keep us updated how you are getting on x