Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Spotting for 3 days straight/ irregular period. HELP! Could I be pregnant?

Hey you guys! I started taking birth control pills in January of 2018, I stopped taking them in the beginning of October 2018, and that was when I got my LAST period. I thought it was weird that I went so long without a period but I’ve always had an irregular period. Sometimes I’ll skip a month or two and sometimes i’d get one every month just different days. But this time I went 9 months without one. My nurse said it was just the birth control still lingering in my body. I finally got what I thought was a period last week but it never got darker or heavier. I was spotting for 3 days, very light spotting light pink. I took 3 pregnancy tests- one while I was spotting (negative) and 2 others (very faint positive, so faint my fiancé couldn’t see it, but my friends could!). This would be my very first pregnancy if I am pregnant! I’ve taken tests in the past and i’ve never Had a faint positive even after the 10 minute time span. It’s always been a very obvious negative up until now. But I didn’t think I could get pregnant until I got a regular period. Could i be pregnant? Or is it just my period coming back?

Replies

• Options
    Hi val I'm in a very similar situation at the moment,  I came off my birth control in November 2018 and have only recently taken what could be considered a first period, although it does sound very similar to the symptoms you are experiencing.  I also had positive pregnancy tests which have then shown to be false positives (the doctor has still not been able to explain why) but after getting my blood work done for months they have finally stated I have too much testosterone and this is the reason for the late period.  I have been referred to a lot of consultants and have to get more scans done to check for PCOS.  I'm not saying at all that you are not pregnant but I would DEFINITELY make another appointment with your GP.  Let me know how you get on 🤗