Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bleeding in early pregnancy

Hi all

Brand New to this group and hoping for some opinions and stories from ladies who have gone through the same experience.

I am 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant but have been experiencing light brown bleeding/discharge for nearly 5 days. This is sometimes accompanied by stretchy cervical mucus. There is no bright red blood and no pain or cramps. A few twinges and pulling sensations now and then but other than that, no other symptoms at all.

I went to the EPU on Thursday but they didn't see anything as its too early. The took a blood test for HCG which came back as 160 and I will have another test on Monday.

Has anyone experienced similar bleeding and gone on to have successfull pregnancy? Should I be worried?

Replies

• Options
    @Brunettie
    Hey there, has the bleeding stopped and are you ok? I had an IVF procedure done and I was about 3 weeks along when I bled for 4 days straight, similar to menses with brownish ground coffee like stuff  along with stretchy mucus  coming out every now and again (TMI, sorry🙈) . I really thought I'd lost my pregnancy. Doc sent me for an hcg test it was 278, 2 days later it went up to 488. To my greatest surprise. I went on to spot for the whole week after that. At this point i was so so worried because I had had an EP previously. So only Friday I decided to go for a scan to see once and for all what was going on. And there was my gastrointestinal sac in the middle of my uterus, I'm 5 weeks now🙂. Spotting has since stopped and I'm much calmer now. 
    So according to what happened to me  I'd say you're alright... Hopefully, get back to me and let me know please. 
  • Options
    Hi Overtherainbow, thanks for getting back to me. It lasted about a week and I then read an article that said you should not use pessary applicators once pregnant. So I started using finger instead (tmi) this seems to have made a difference as spotting/discharge has now stopped completely. It was either that or just happened to stop at the same time. My next scan is on 21st .

It's odd. When I was spotting I was worried something was wrong. Now it's stopped I'm still kind of worried 🤦‍♀️.

I don't think I'll relax until I'm 12 weeks. I'm currently 5w4d.
  • Options
    Gastational sac😅 typo there
  • Options
    @Brunettie I actually also heard that somewhere. My doc put me on the crinone gel and I realized I may have been injuring myself with it, cause since i stopped inserting it so deep in there, the spotting stopped.

I fully understand the stressing, I think it's normal. We've wanted our little ones for so long, we don't want anything to happen to them.

Let me know how your scan went, my next scan is 6th Jan. I'll update you as well. 
    We will make it to 12 weeks safely 🎉
    And at the right time, we will hold our bundles of joy. I honestly can't wait. 

• Options
    Me neither - would certainly make for an amazing 2021.  I hope our little ones stick.