Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

tinybabydancer

Hiya

Let me know how your egg collection goes. Are you being sedated (i am )... Mine is next wed (18th)
Was in clinic yest for day 6 scan... Really pleased. 7 follicles on left and 7 on Right. They seem to be large and good quality so far.

Back to the clinic tomorrow for scan then onto another clinic for intralipid infusions... More exhausted with all the travel now... 3 hours there and 2 back home... My husband is amazing hes done most of the driving and next week for retrieval and week after we will stay in a very nice hotel close to clinic...

Ive put him on a high protien diet and hes living in short as soon as he gets home...lol

Good luck for tomorrow

Em x

Replies

• Options
    Hey Em, Thanks sweetie. I will be under general anaesthetic so cannot eat or drink from midnight.... image
    Am also suffering from the long journey to the clinic (about the same as yours time-wise!). It has been a long week!

Good luck for tomorrow with your scan hon....hope your follies are growing nicely! What is the intalipid infusion for? Is that immune issues??

It's good you already know when your EC will be! I only found out on Weds that mine is tomorrow....it's all happened so fast as I only went for my initial consultation for IVF on 22nd October!
    Ooh didn;t know protein was a good idea for the men too.....although as he's been eating the same food as me hopefully he has had quite a bit.
    xxx
  • Options
    Emma, I forgot to say thank you for the FAO last night......! Sorry, I was very grateful though....how are you doing today? Hope your scan went well and you're not too shattered, although I imagine you are after the travelling and 2 appts.

MrsA, bless you for coming on to do an FAO as well. Thank you so much for the well wishes. Thanks for the tips....have just tucked into a big chinese takeaway...naughty I know! and then going to watch corrie and have an early night. Your baby is so adorable in the pic! Gives me hope to see a Lister baby pic!

Have pasted my post from LTTTC below:

Hey ladies, thank you so much for your well wishes today!

Well it has been a very tiring day. Alarm went off at 4am and we were on the road by 5am. Admitted to hospital by 7.30am, and then a few hours to kill where we watched a film (incidentally, called ghostman about a man who went under general anaesthetic and died temporariliy and then saw dead people!!! Highly appropriate for hospital viewing!!). By 10.30 I was down in the operating suite.....put under general anaesthetic, which I actually quite enjoyed (as it was nice to get away from my anxiety!!) and by 11.00 I was in recovery. Where I woke up with a start and burst into tears!!

Anyway, we got 8 eggs!!!!!!! And apparently they all looked good.......... We're very pleased with the result needless to say.

So then I was back up to my room by 11.30, had a cup of decaf coffee and then waited for yummy lunch, finished watching the film, had a little snooze, waited for my drip to finish. We were on our way home by 3.30 with a slightly sore TBD but all-in-all v pleased. Now just have to wait for the call tomorrow to see how many embies we have. So exciting to think that our baby could be starting its journey into this world as we speak!!

Thanks again for all your support, couldn't have done it without you.

xxx
  • Options
    Oh thank you MrsA that is so sweet of you. Even though 8 is less than I'd originally hoped for, I figure it's pretty good given that I was on almost the lowest dose of meds and only stimmed for 8 days. Just hoping they're good ones!

Hmmm my chinese was yummy...had been dreaming of food all day! Have a hot water thing on me now....how come you say warm...not hot?

So hon, when is it likely you may start FET? xxx
  • Options
    Hiya TBD
    Just wanted to say good luck and i'm sending good vibes your way. xx
  • Options
    MrsA, thanks sweetie. Managed to explode my hotpack in the microwave anyway!! But interesting what Zita said. I was thinking of seeing about going to Zita for a one-off acupunc after embryo transfer (if we get that far!)....what do you reckon? Given that I've never had it before? I think they do have a facility for doing this.... Oh I see....so who put the conditions on weight then hon, was that you or the Lister? It must be really tough......but I guess it's best to wait until your little embies have the best possible chance of implanting. How much weight do you need to lose then hon (sorry v personal ? which you don;t have to answer if you don't want to!).

Dani - thanks hon

xxx
  • Options
    Hey TBD

Sounds like all went good... Are you doing a 3 or 5 day blast. What a long day. What did you feel like after you came back from theater. Were you sore ?

8 EGGS yEAHHHHHHHHH. Thats brilliant.

My scan was good... So far up to 16 follies and can really feel it now. I'm waddling. All go on wed for collection. Have one more scan on Monday. Going to stay in a hotel close to the clinic tomorrow night to give us a rest from the early morning drives.

The intralipids went OK. Only took 1 and a half hours. Couldn't find a vein on me so that took and age... Totally exhausted tonight and huge.

Waiting for an up date... Having loads of positive feelings...

Em x
  • Options
    MrsA - thanks for the acu info...I'll call on Monday but may be too late notice now! What will be will be. That seems like a sensible plan hon...if you'll feel more confident about chances with a little less weight that goes a long way it seems. It must be hard though....

Em, not sure if you saw my update but they injected 7 of my eggs, and we got 7 embryos fertilse normally!!!! So very pleased and just praying they keep dividing now. The embryos don't usually get to blast until 5 days, so we'll find out on Monday whether it's a 3day transfer, or blasts. 16 follies is fab hon.....you will have loads of eggs then. My mature follie number tripled in the last 2 days......hope that doesn;t happen for you though as that may not be so good! Poor you feeling so uncomfy. I was v lucky and didn;t get any symptoms at all really. It will all be worth it though hon. Just make sure you're drinking LOTS to avoid OHSS. I was a bit sore after EC, but it wasn;t too bad as they gave me a painkiller pessary after EC. I'm a bit sore now, but only like AF really....none of the pain has been any worse than AF. The hotel sounds a good plan hon.

xxxx