Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Time to join you

Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself and say hello to you all as my husband and I are officially starting down the IVF route now. I have popped on here a few times and you all seem extremely knowledgeable (I have a lot to learn!) and helpful so it's nice to think there is some support on here!!! We have two issues that mean we need IVF - I have very low AMH levels even though I am only 24 and my husband's SA showed that the motility isn't great - between us both IVF seems our best chance at having our much desired baby. We have just started our preparation month today, I'm not sure if everyone goes through similar things but they have put me on the pill this month to make sure I don't ovulate and so that we can then start our IVF cycle next month with a 'clean' cycle. We are doing the short protocol due to my situation so we will be starting the injections in about 4 weeks and hoping to do the egg retrieval around May 25th. I'm so glad we are finally on the path of making it all happen and am just hoping that things go as smoothly as possible, although I know there are lots of stages things can go wrong.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi really - and hopefully I will get to chat with some of you over the following weeks. Good luck to all of you that are going through various treatments, I hope we can all get BFPs soon.x.

Replies

• Options
    Hi MrsAmanda,

Thanks for the welcome : ) Nice to hear that going on the pill before is somehwat common - it feels very strange to be taking it again when our aim is to get pregnant!!! We are going to be having IVF as it is only the motility of dh sperm that is a bit below par, however they have said that if fertilisation doesn't happen we may need to try ICSI next time. What did you have? Did you manage to get pregnant? Hope I don't sound nosy, it's just nice to hear other people's experiences.x.
  • Options
    Ah ok. We are going down the private route too as with my AMH so low the doctors think we really can't wait around. I'm glad we've been able to get it all moving so quickly, now it's just wait and see if it works I guess!! That's brilliant that it worked first time for you, it gives me hope that it can happen first time for me too if we're lucky : ) Congrats on your little boy : )
  • Options
    Hi Trixie - I've already posted on your thread in TFAB but I just wanted to say welcome and good luck with your treatment. Being told we needed IVF was a bit of a shock so I don't feel very prepared and still have loads to learn about it all too but I'm sure we'll soon be knocking out abbreviations with the best of them!
  • Options
    Hi Trixie85,
    Good luck with your upcoming treatment, don't worry too much about it and take it easy. Any questions you have we're all helpful on here and it seems between us we've covered pretty much every aspect of fertility treatments!
    Keep us posted
    Rhian x
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome ladies, really appreciate it. Hopefully get to speak to you more over the following weeks.x.