Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Gutted - UPDATED

As for my second scan well it did not go how i wanted unfortunatley even though my dose was update the folicles should of grown at least 1mm a day and mine have grown 1mm in 5days so am waiting for a call later today but will may have to cancel due to poor response i am so gutted have been crying all morning why do i have to be one of the 3% that this happens to am i doing something wrong i just don't no

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi had my scan this morning still a little in lumbo i have a lot of folicles on the right side i have 4 that are still only about 13mm so not grown much but on the left i have one at 16 and 3 at 14 so grown quite a bit but due to my age that want at least 6-7 good size folicles before they do the EC so i am now going back in again on monday to see if the smaller ones have grown if they do then we will hope to do ec next thurs if not then we are going to canel so thats about it really. Can anyone give me ideas of the sizes of their folicles beofre ec?

[Modified by: mrssmith69 on 19 June 2009 10:44:24 ]

Replies

• Options
    Hi Hun,

I'm sorry your 2nd scan didn't go to plan! image I don't really know what else to say as nothing seems to give justice to the disappointment you will be feeling. Just try to think that this is a bump in the road, you will get there in the end image
    xxxx
  • Options
    SORRY so sorry
    However they nearly cancelled our cycle three times and we got through it. Ie one doctor said we wont get you though and then at the next scan a different person said yes. Try not to feel desperate until they actually say cancelled. They may up the stims again I know someone who was injecting stims for three weeks and they got to egg collection
    XX
  • Options
    update had call from nurse and they are keeping me on same dose until friday and will go from their so folicles this is your body talking start BLOODY GROWING!

Thank you all for your kind comments its not over till its over!
  • Options
    Keep your tum warm, maybe sleep in a greenhouse (oh if only it was that easy)
    Good luck for Friday image
    xx
  • Options
    good luck mrs smith, thinking of you.

I was told I may not respond well to stimms (we start ICSI in Sept/Oct) and they did a test called an AMH test to dertermine what my response is likely to be. Might it be worth asking to have this done, if they haven't already? From what I understand it helps the docs know how much of a dose to give you...just a thought. Hugs xx
  • Options
    Try to stay positive!! you never know as things change quickly!! had a cycle abandoned in Jan and it was touch and go the last time round, but they decided to go ahead and lo and behold i'm 13+3 weeks pregnant!! good luck for your next scan! I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you!! x
  • Options
    Sending big you big growey vibes, good luck hon xxx
  • Options

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi had my scan this morning still a little in lumbo i have a lot of folicles on the right side i have 4 that are still only about 13mm so not grown much but on the left i have one at 16 and 3 at 14 so grown quite a bit but due to my age that want at least 6-7 good size folicles before they do the EC so i am now going back in again on monday to see if the smaller ones have grown if they do then we will hope to do ec next thurs if not then we are going to canel so thats about it really. Can anyone give me ideas of the sizes of their folicles beofre ec?
  • Options
    Hiya, mine were 27,23,20,18,17,15,15,13,12,10,8,8 and I got 10 eggs. I was really confused as in my zita west book said they need to be between 18-23 or they won't collect them but they did.

Hope this helps xxx