Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hi

Hi,

I have been a member since we started trying for #1 in June 2008. I'm here now after 5 miscarriages and a barrage of tests which have highlighted a number of issues. Hubs and I have been accepted for treatment so we are just waiting for the call to say we can start. Should be within the next couple of weeks. I'm apprehensive and excited and would love to make some new friends and find out about other people's experiences.

KittyCat1984

Replies

• Options
    Hi KittyCat,

I'm sorry to hear you have been thorough such a harrowing time.

I wish you all the best on your coming journey, what treatment are you having?

Good luck and best wishes
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Kitty,

Also just to wish you the best. my wife and I will hopefully be starting our IVF in a next 10 days or so. We've been thinking that for over two months now but due to one reason or another it's being delayed.

Good luck,

Karl
  • Options
    Hi
    Just wanted to say good luck and try not to get overwhelmed by the info they give you when you start your treatment, if you have any questions everyone on here is brilliant and we have been through various different treatments between us. Keep us posted on your journey.
    All the best
    Rhian x
  • Options
    Wishing you all the best Kitty Cat xxx
  • Options
    Hi hun,

You're so welcome to join and any questions there's always someone on here who can help and reassure.

Love Em J xx
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies and karl,

We are having IUI first as I didn't want to go straight for IVF. We got the letter to say we can start so just got to get an appointment now. I'll update as soon as I know anything.

Has anyone else had IUI? What are people's experiences?
  • Options
    Hi KittyCat,
    I'm hoping to go on the waiting list (hoping its short!!) for donor embryos when I return to the hospital in 2 weeks. I can't wait to get started now that my decision is made.
    Good luck with IUI, hope its successful for you.
    Helen.xxx
  • Options
    Hi Helen!!

I thought it was you when I saw the message on my email! Please let me know how it all goes. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you xxx
  • Options
    Hi
    I didn't have IUI but ICSI but my best friend did as she had polycystic ovaries and had also had a miscarriage previously. She is now pregnant with... Quads and doing really well! Hope your treatment goes well
    Rhian x
  • Options
    Wow Rhian! That's amazing! Was it her first try? I hope all continues to go swimmingly! You'll have to let me know, does she know what the sexes are yet? I hope for something similar, but trying to stay grounded. I work with prems so it's hard to see a positive soemtimes, but my latest PMA is repeating over and over again every morning when I wake up 'We are going to have a baby soon', it's about the only thing that keeps me sane image

Hope all is well.

Cat x

PS: whats ISCI? Might sound daft but I've never heard of it,
  • Options
    Hi hon, can't remember what the initials stand for but they inject a sperm into each egg-I think.
    Are you a nurse, working with prems. I am but other end of the spectrum-its rare for me to have a patient under 75!!!!
    I had pre eclampsia with G so had her at 32 weeks-scbu is a scary place. Because of my age I'd like to have 2 embies an attempt but the thought of multiples ,because of the prem aspect, is terrifying!!!
    Was it you who had the eyeore avatar?
    Hope you get the ball rolling soon.
    H.xxx
  • Options
    Hi Cat,

Just to answer your question - Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) involves injecting a single sperm directly into an egg in order to fertilise it. Its a type of treatment used with IVF to increase chances of pregnancy.

This is the type of ivf my husband and i are having to have as he has an extreamly low sperm count.
    The doctor described it to us as a "more direct hit" and as the egg is not left to fertilize itself.

Everything else is done in the same way as ivf.

xxx
  • Options
    Ah....I see now. Thanks image
    Helen, yes it was me with the eeyore avatar!! You have a good memory!! image I wish you luck with everything, let me know how it goes.

Good news is........DH and I have our pre-treatment appointment on JULY 8th!!! We were expecting it to be august so we're over the moon, and we've found out we're funded for 3 cycles of IUI to be done within 6 months, so hopefully by xmas we will be expecting.........watch this space!!!

Anyone have any advice??
  • Options
    Oh thats fantastic! I knew my spelling of eeyore didn't look right-shouldve looked in a pooh book!!LOL!
    H.xxx