Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

BFN

Well I've suspected it for a few days but today I got my full AF. Called the clinic this morning who told me to do a test to be sure and I wasn't at all surprised to get a BFN :cry:

Feeling really down but trying to stay as positive as possible. We have 6 frozen 8 cell embryos to try. The clinic have said I'll get a letter with an appointment to explain the next stage but that I'll have to wait 2 clear cycles before we can try FET.

Does anyone have any experience of FET? What does it involve? What are the sucess rates compared to fresh?

Think I'm going to try and beg them to let me have 2 transferred next time. They're not keen because I'm still under 30.

D x

Replies

• Options
    Hey D, so so sorry to hear that sweetie. It must be so tough. Even when you expect it there's still that tiny glimmer of hope. Big hugs coming your way...
    I'm sure it will take some time to get over this, but I hope you manage to enkoy xmas and ny (and make the most of drinking and eating what you want for the last time in a while...). It is fab that you have 6 frosties. I pushed for 2 blastocysts and although our cons was not happy (I',m 27), it was ultimately our decision. You do what you feel is best. Take care hon xx
  • Options
    So sorry to hear your news. I know that by getting to the stage that you did it's impossible not to build your hopes up.

On a positive note, I have 2 friends at work who had failed IVF cycles and both concieved naturally withing the next couple of months.

At least you have plenty of frozen embies to try with, not sure what the success rates are but with all of those to pick from you would think that your chances would be fairly good, especially given your age. The clinic where I am at will only put one blast back in too but I would be the same as you and push for 2 on a second cycle.

What is the cause of your infertility? (If you don't mind me asking!) xxx

• Options
    Thanks guys. Have my Christmas party on Friday so shall definitely enjoy a glass or two whilst I have the chance.

Syd, I have unexplained infertility which is the most frustrating thing. Although everyone says it's a good thing because it means nothing has been found I can't help think that it also means that there could be something wrong that they'll just never find and therefore can't fix.
  • Options
    Hi Donna,

I'd definitely go for 2. The success rate for FET is less than for a fresh transfer so statistically it ups your chances of a BFP.

Mind you I had 2 transferred and feel very relieved just the one stuck!!

xxxx
  • Options
    Hi,

Just wondering if you've had your follow up appointment yet and whether they are allowing you 2 blastocysts transferred during your frozen cycle?

I am now in the same position as you, I have unexplained infertility and have just had first unsuccesful IVF cycle following transfer of one blastocyst. Have four frozen blasts and intend to ask for transfer of 2 during the frozen cycle and was wondering what the chances are of them agreeing to this x
  • Options
    Hey Syd, just wanted to say that if you want 2, then tell them that, and stick to your guns. I did that and our cons was not happy with it but said it is my body and I choose what goes in it. It is a scary decision to make, but its yours to make and nobody elses....docs should be advising you not deciding for you. Best of luck to you xx

Donna, hope you're doing ok hon xx
  • Options
    Donna so sorry to hear that you got a BFN. I have heard that success on frozen is only slightly less, it all depends on how the thaw but if thawed OK'd then the chances of them working are the same as a fresh cycle?!
    We are only allowed one back in in our hospital even though we are private, if they are of a lesser grade they will put two back in. If they are of a good quality I am going to try and push for two to be put back in but I am not sure how that is going to go.
    Good luck Syd and Donna... keep us updated. Claire.. hope you are doing ok too,
    xx