Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

AF and down-regging

Morning ladies

I just wanted to ask a quick question to all of you that have already gone through the down regging part of all this. I started my down-reg using burselin last Tuesday and this coming Wednesday I have a scan to see what the womb lining is looking like. I have had a couple of days of my AF now (although is very light as normal). Is it usual for AF to be 'normal' or is it usually heavier (sorry if TMI!)?

I guess that fact that i am bleeding is a good sign that it is thinning?

Thanks very much xx

[Modified by: debbie C on 25 July 2010 09:56:23 ]

Replies

• Options
    Hi, my AF was pretty much normal for me, except a little bit clottier? 4 days into down regging I had a pink smear, then after a couple of days it turned to AF. It lasted 6 days. Probably TMI, but I found that I wanted as much info as possible with everything so I knew I was normal lol. Bleeding is a good sign, yes, vital to down regging I believe.

Pleased you are progressing xxx
  • Options
    Hi, Although i'm not there yet my notes from the clinic are quite handy- it says to expect AF after starting the nasal spray/down reg injections and this should be around the time of your normal af, although not as handy it says it could be heavier or lighter than the norm for you. But all a good sign that it's working.

Best of luck image