Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anejaculation????

hi everyone, not sure if this is the right forum to be posting in really, but i am pretty sure we will need medical intervention to allow us to have a baby.

anyway, my h2b (we get married in 49 days!) and i have been desperate for a baby for years now, and i have come off the pill in preperation for our wedding in January 2010.

However, the last 3 years my h2b has had this condition.
I had never heard of it before, but have been recently doing some research (only on the internet) to get a better idea of what we may be in for during this next big step!

just wondering if anyone has heard of this condition before, or had any experience of it?

here is a copy of the article i found online, which pretty much sums it up.

What is anejaculation?
Anejaculation is defined as the inability to ejaculate semen; the word itself means ???????no ejaculation.??????? With this condition, a man can produce sperm but cannot expel them during normal ejaculation even though anejaculation often is accompanied with normal orgasmic sensation.

Total anejaculation: Total anejaculation is when a man is never able to ejaculate semen either during intercourse or by masturbation, at home or in the clinic.

Orgasmic anejaculation - a man can reach and achieve orgasm, but cannot ejaculate semen. This failure to release semen can be due to a block in the tubes or damage to the nerves, or possibly due to retrograde ejaculation where semen is going into the bladder rather than leaving the penis through its tip
Secondary anejaculation is when a man is unable to ejaculate after he has been experiencing normal sexual functioning.

What causes anejaculation?
Anejaculation occurs when the prostate and seminal ducts fail to release semen into the urethra. This problem can be due to several causes:

Spinal cord injuries
Conditions that affect the nervous system (such as Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, spinal bifida, etc.)
Traumatic injury or infection to the pelvis/groin area
Surgical treatment for testicular cancer or other cancers requiring the removal of lymph nodes located in the groin
Surgeries that may cause damage to the pelvic area (such as prostate, bladder or abdominal surgery that can damage or traumatize nerves)
Sometimes hormonal and psychological factors can play a role (e.g. anxiety, marital problems, fear of causing pregnancy). It has been found that situational anejaculation can be due to psychological factors such as stress.

i should probably add that my h2b has had type 1 diabetes (insulin injection dependant) since he was 8 years old and he is now 24, so this is probably the most likely cause.

thanks in advance for reading. im sure i will be lurking around this site alot more often now!

smartarse xx

[Modified by: smartarse on 26 November 2009 22:45:37 ]

Replies