Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Protien whilst in IVF

Hello,

I'm just at the injection stage's of our IVF cycle and was wondering if you could give me a bit of advice please? I've read on here and the IUI guide that you should increase your intake of protien whilst going through 'growing the folicle' stage. This might shound like the stupidest question ever but could you guys help me with a list of different protien foods. I know the obvious ones like chicken, eggs etc but cant really think of anything else. I was wanting to try and add as much as possible to my diet over the next few weeks.

Also could anyone else tell me what brazil nuts and pineapples do as I read I should be eating more of these aswell.

Thanks for reading, sorry its a long one.

xx

Replies

• Options
    Nuts, seeds, any meat, eggs. Apparently the core of a pineapple is excellent during IVF as it has something in it that the other bits dont. Porridge in the mornings in fantastic too, also bananas x
  • Options
    Thanks Lori, hows it going for you at the minute? You were right about the life centre, there not very 'personalised' with the treatment. :0) xx
  • Options
    hiya
    zita west recommends at least 60g of protien a day, you get about 20g from 100g of meat.
    pineapple Juice has seleum (sp?) in it which will help build up womb lining and help with implementation. same rule for brazil nuts.
    Don't forget that a lot of beans have protien so maybe start making bean chilli etc?
    Hope this helpsxx
  • Options
    EmaC I took protein shakes from Holland and Barratts... the Whey Protein ones are the best. xxx
  • Options
    Thanks girls, thats really helpful.

When should I up my intake of protein? Now whilst doing the injections or during the 2WW?

RachieS, I was thinking about buying the protein shakes but was worried about weight gain. I'll look into it though.

xxx
  • Options
    Hiya
    you should do it now during the injection stage, apparently it can help with quality of eggs and also help prevent hyper stimulation.
    I tried to get as much from natural sources as possible but also had a shake called goodness shake that i bought in morrisons. I found it alot nicer than the whey ones. Also I used to have it for my breakfast so that it was instead of another meal and not as well as. I thought that would help prevent excess weight gain.
    xx
  • Options
    I'm doing fine thanks EmaC, lots of sickness and tiredness but loving it. The life centre aren't very patient friendly, no, but their results are fantastic, so I guess thats the main thing. It would just be nice to have both when your going through such a difficult emotional time! Hopefullt my last visit there will be my scan on Monday (10 weeks!). Then my 12 week scan and ongoing NHS care. We paid privately for the IVF, and after all the scans i think we got our monies worth lol.

Another tip for you - keep your tummy and feet lovely and warm at all times, it makes a difference too x
  • Options
    Aaaaw thats fab to hear your doing so well, besides the sickness. But I can understand why thats good, in a strange way.

Hmmmmm the tummy being warm is understandable but why the feet? Hope its not going to be a obvious answer, that'll just make me look daft lol. xx
  • Options
    The feet thing comes from the fact that the feet can effect the whole body. Like reflexology points? Its also to do with circulation, everything needs to be warm so when it flows through the uterus its all good. I dont know all the facts, but whenever I go to the acupuncturist she always drums it into me that my feet need to be snuggly warm and to keep my tummy warm too. x
  • Options
    Aaaah right, that makes sense. Thanks Lori. x