Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone had back pain?

Hi,

As I've already posted on here I had my retrieval on Wednesday. We were really pleased that they managed to get 23 eggs. Got a phone call on Thursday to say 13 of them have fertilised and I'm booked in for the transfer on Saturday subject to the embryos developing ok.

My question is has anyone else experienced back pain at this stage? I had severe back pain before the retrieval which vanished immediately after the retrieval so I put it down to my ovaries being swollen. However, I started my progesterone pessaries this morning and the pain has come back so am now thinking it's the progeterone that might be doing it.

I don't have any other problems so don't think it's OHSS but I'm scared to tell the nurses tomorrow in case it stops my treatment.

Donna x

Replies

• Options
    Hey Donna,
    Fab fab news on all those embryos!! Well done!

I had loads of aches and pains after EC, found a hot water bottle worked a treat. I felt bruised inside!! I definitely would phone the nurses though. They won't necessarily cancel ET, but will just need to monitor it. Surely better to wait (if it did come to that which it pwobably won't) than have embryos in you and then get really sick?? I know I'd have hated things to be cancelled too, but it is really unlikely, I've seen lots of people with OHSS have ET and go on to get pg on another forum.

Loads and loads of luck for tomorrow and stay positive xx