Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1st IVF Appt

Hi All

We had our first IVF appt today and I can't believe that we will be starting the treatment later this month. Because I have to take the sniffing hormones on CD21, I am now really excited about AF arriving, although she will probably take ages to get here!

If all goes to plan by the middle of October we will be pregnant, I am so excited and also a bit nervous at the same time.

Good luck to us all

Sarah
xx

Replies

• Options
    Good luck with it all! I take it its your first time? I'm on the 2ww at the moment, and have found this forum invaluable. x
  • Options
    Yes, it is our first time with IVF, but in total we have had 3 pregnancies, our last was last November we had a miscarriage and I have high NK cells, but the hospital we are being treated in does not think that high NK cells are an issue with pregnancy, so we will wait to see what happens.

Good luck and hope you get a BFP.
  • Options
    Good luck to my fellow Surrey girl. Keep us posted once you get started!! x
  • Options
    Good luck hun, it's very exciting once you get started, fingers crossed it works : ) .x.
  • Options
    Thanks for your lovely messages, I can't wait to start the treatment! I just wish AF would show - you don't hear those words very often.

Good luck to all xx
  • Options
    All the best Mrs. Ward. I am starting IVF in September but am on short protocol so will be finding out if it has worked around about the same time as you will - mid Oct. So excited and so scared, it's a really weird combo of emotions isn't it?

Just wanted to let you know that I have started a diary thread about my cycle on the LTTC and Infertility board. I hope we can keep each other company and offer some support in the weeks to come.

There's also another lady on my thread (Ema) who is also cycling at the same time as us so looks like we're all in this together. I just hope we all get some good news at the end of it. Fingers crossed!

Is this your first attempt at IVF? Have you got any plans for preparing yourself? - so far I only have the Zita West visualisation CD which I have to say is brilliant. I thought it would be a bit corny but I actually find it very positive and relaxing. Also have you thought about acupuncture or anything? - the jury is still out on that one.

Sorry for the million and one questions, hope you're keeping well.

Sarah xx
  • Options
    Hi Sarah
    Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

I am excited and nervous about the IVF, as I have been told I have high NK cells and the hospital we are being treated by do not believe that this can cause miscarriage etc. Still anxiously awaiting AF, so that I can start treatment.

This will be our first attempt at IVF and am hoping this works, as we have had 3 failed pregnancies in 4 years. Have no desire for acupuncture and have tried reflexology, but not sure that it made too much difference.

Looking forward to sharing this experience with you.

Sarah
    xx
  • Options
    Hi MrsWard,

Wishing you all the luck with your first IVF cycle, as Sarah says I'm also starting my first go this month. I start the nasel sprays on the 21st, its a bit daunting but exciting aswell.

Good luck hunni. x
  • Options
    Hi EmaC, I will be starting the nasal sprays on CD21, once my AF turns up, which she would show soon, then I can start the countdown to the start of this process.

Where are you based? which hospital are you with?

Sarah
    xx
  • Options
    Hi,

I'm in Northumberland, the clinic were at is the Centre for Life in Newcastle. Where are you? xx
  • Options
    I am based in Surrey, we are having the EC at Queen Mary's Roehampton and the ET at the Bridge Centre, London Bridge.