Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

It's all started.....

Hi,

Hope everyone's well. Just wanted to let everyone know where I'm at with my first cycle and how I'm finding it.

Started my stimming injections on Saturday just gone. So far I've done:

4 days 300iu Fostimon
blood test on day 5
1 day 225iu fostimon & 0.25mg cetrotide
1 day 150ir fostimon & 0.25mg cetrotide

So far I haven't found the injections nearly as bad as I thought they'd be. Just a little bit of stinging as I push the plunger down and I've had a very mild ache in my abdomen for a couple of days (just like very mild period pains).

I've got another blood test tomorrow, then I've been told the scan will probably be Monday and FINGERS CROSSED everything is working ok I should be going in for the retrieval under sedation mid next week.

Good luck to everyone else.
Donna x

[Modified by: donna1981 on 19 November 2009 19:46:19 ]

Replies

• Options
    Good Luck Donna , Keep us posted.

Wishing you all the very best hun.

I wish I was starting now.....come on January!!!!!

Mrs Bee x x x
  • Options
    Thanks Mrs Bee.
    I'm sure Christmas will fly by and you'll be starting your treatment before you know it.
    I'm so excited to finally be having treatment but haven't yet worked out how I'm going to get around the awkward questions about why I'm not drinking anything at all of the Chritmas parties I've got coming up (4 of them!!). Most of them will be before I know the outcome of my treatment. Anyone got any ideas?
  • Options
    Yay, that's great Donna. It's so exciting when it gets started, You will be having your egss collected before you know it. Try not to get too worried about how many follicles you have....a lot can change in a very short space of time. Loads of luck xxx
  • Options
    Donna - I'm not drinking over Xmas and New Year either! For those parties where you take your own, I'm going to take a wine bottle and fill it with Schloer!!! Then I might do the 'driving' thing on the others. Not really worked it out myself yet! Good luck with everything.

xxx