Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Follicle Advice - UPDATE NOW PCO/CLOMID ADVICE

Hi

I'm new and currently going through IUI-D treatment on a natural cycle.

My background is that i have had my Hycosy, blood tests and everything else done and all is fine. I had my first attempt last month which was unsucessful. I had two follicles on my left ovary. I had an u/s for my second attempt yesterday and they said there were no follicles - i am so confused! Does this mean there is something wrong with my right ovary, even though the Hycosy showed my ovary was accessible and looked fine?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

S x

**UPDATE**

I went for a second scan yesterday and although i had several follciles they were only 9mm and there was no dominant follicle. When i got home i received a phonecall from the clinic to say the consultant had looked at my scan and believes i have very very slight PCO and they want to put me on Clomid for my next cycle! I have regular periods and ovulate on my left side but it seems my right side is causing the problems. This has all come as a shock as this has never been picked up before during all the other tests i have had - any advice on what i can expect from Clomid would be appreciated - in serious need of some PMA.

S x

[Modified by: squibly on 15 August 2009 09:53:22 ]

Replies

• Options
    Hi again honey,
    Im on clomid and iv just had my 3rd round. It makes me a bit more tired than usual but i havent really suffered. Some ladies over on lttc have had things like headaches and mood swings and one or 2 have had nausea.
    I started on 50mg but it didnt make me ov and now Im on 100mg, it has worked to make me ov (i too have pcos). Its taken on day 2-6 of your cycle but i seemed to ov a little later (cd16/17) and it gave me a 32 day cycle (I dont get regular cycles ordinarily tho)
    Hope it works for you X
  • Options
    Hi Looby

Thanks for your response - you are rapidly turning into my personal consultant!!

I suppose i am a little apprehensive as for my first cycle of IUI i had to take crinone (progresterone suppliment) which made me feel like crap and also gave me all of the symptoms associated with pregnancy which was pretty rubbish when i got my BFN.

I am hoping since i will be on clomid for cycle 2 i might have more success and get my BFP!! Fingers crossed when i have my scan i will have a couple of good sized follicles just dying to be fertilised!!

Thanks again

S x
  • Options
    Lets keep our fingers crossed then XX
  • Options
    Loads of luck squibly - keep up the PMA!!!! Sorry I can't offer any advice, but I look on here to prepare myself for possibly having treatments in the future (how very PMA-minded of me!!?) xx
  • Options
    Thanks TBD - you have a PMA to be proud of!!

I am just counting the days til my AF arrives then i can start the clomid and get me some follicles!!

PMA is the hardest thing - i work in adoption so all i see are couples where IVF hasn't worked, it makes it harder to believe it will work for me!!

S x
  • Options
    Aw squibly - thank you! But, I really am rubbish at PMA - that's why I needed the lovely ladies on LTTTC help! It is working though....

I too sometimes work with people who are / have adopted, and I know exactly what you mean..... xx