Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

polyp found on down reg scan!

Hi,

Haven't posted on here before but have been reading all of your posts as I have started first cycle of IVF myself for unexplained infertility and have been taking advice from you all on diet etc.

Started injections on 1st November for down regulation, went for scan on Monday to check it had worked expecting to start stimulating injections but they found a small polyp in my uterus lining. Down regulation had worked so the nurse said I could choose to carry on with this cycle but that they couldn't guarentee it would not effect my chances of success as it may grow when I start hormone injections??
Other option is surgery for removal but she didn't know how soon that would be so may have to either abandon this cycle and start again in the new year after surgery or continue down regulating all xmas to start again early January (unit closes over christmas). Am waiting to hear if consultant can fit me in quickly and hoping we can carry on with this cycle. Don't think I am going to go ahead without surgery if it could effect the outcome.

Has anyone had a polyp before? Wondering if this has had any effect on my fertility. Has anyone had a polyp removed before? Wanted to know if the surgeon would look for anything else while I am in theatre as I have really painful periods that only last a couple of days but they've never checked for endometriosis so would like them to look for that too if I've got to go to theatre anyway! Sorry for long post!

Replies

• Options
    Hi Syd.

I start IVf in Jan and was just having a read of your story. Whilst I cant be of any help, I just wanted to say how upset I was to hear of all the problems you are encountering, as if its not difficult enough at the moment.

I so hope things sort themselves out

Mrs Bee x x x
  • Options
    Thanks Mrs Bee,

Had some good news yesterday, I am going to get it removed next week and then on with the stimulating injections so will still be finishing before xmas (hopefully). It means we'll find out whether it has worked right on xmas so really hoping it works!!!

You must be excited starting in January, it'll be here before you know it.

Thanks for reply x
  • Options
    Thats fantastic new Syd, I was thinking about you earlier so I am pleased that you have a plan now.

I cant wait til Jan !!!!!

Keep me posted with your progress as I am still getting my head around IVF.

Take care Hun, Mrs Bee x x x
  • Options
    Hey Syd, that is great news that you can get it removed and get started still. Hurray. Oh that would be the best xmas EVER wouldn't it. Loads of luck hon, hope the op goes well next week xx
  • Options
    Syd fantastic news that you can get it removed, good luck with the op.
    I have everything crossed for you sweetie, xxx
  • Options
    Syd.....on the LTTC forum this is aslo happening to another woman. It's headed up 'I feel like screaming' worth a read and buddying up to support each other!

Mrs Bee x x x
  • Options
    Hi Syd78,

I feel your pain babe! My first cycle of IVF was abandoned a week before egg retrieval as I had a polyp in my uterus. I went on a waiting list for an op to remove it and it was done within 4 weeks. Had to wait 2 months before starting 2nd cycle. Started that in October and the same thing, another polyp and abandoned at the same point in the procedure. Only this time I've got bad stomach pains but I don't want to go to my GP with them because I'm his receptionist! LOL!

It's SO frustrating isn't it hun? As if things aren't difficult enough without extra little problems pitching up into the equation? So I'm waiting once again for an op and will start again 2 months after that. 3rd time lucky hopefully, but my consultant said the hormone injections may be causing it. He said it will more than likey happen to me the 3rd time but I can only try!!

I hope yours is only a minor one and you can have it whipped out and crack on successfuly with your next cycle. I know exactly how you feel and how disappointing and frustrating it is!!!!

Keep in touch babe and if you want a chat/rant I'm all ears!

My email addy is traceyj123@hotmail.com

Big hugs

Tracey
    xxx

• Options
    Hi,

Thanks again for all of your replies.

Why did they suggest you wait for 2 months between cycles? The consultant who I am seeing has said that I can continue with down reg injections until I've had op on Wednesday and then start stimmulating injections. Am wondering whether it would be better to leave it a couple of months and start again then to give my uterus time to recover!

Will let you know how I get on with the cycle and if it's just a one off, hoping it is.