Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO Tinybabydancer

Hello!!

Just wondered whats happening and where you are at with things?

All sounded good on the last thread I read....

Hoping you are alright

Emma xx

Replies

• Options
    Hey Emma honey. Thank you for the FAO sweetie! That's so kind of you with everything you're going through.....how are you doing now sweetie?

Well your timing was bang on.....I had my embryo tranfer yesterday....2 blasts (starting to hatch)!!!!!!!! V excited but been getting v worried about it not working / ending up with quads etc.....then worrying that my worrying is stopping implantation.... It's going to be a long 10 days until test day xxx
  • Options
    You're welcome!!!!

Oh wow that's brilliant news!!!!

It's a really tough time and knowing how/what to feel is impossible!

All the very best then and I'll keep checking back in to get the latest- might have to put 29/11/09 in my diary so I don't miss the news, which I am quite confident will be good newsimage

I am alright thanks- def through the worst and just looking forward to a nice Christmas and hoping for a positive 2010! Just can't decide between holding on til July (as originally planned) or just booking in for another try in Feb?!?!? I feel like I need to give us a chance to conceive naturally, as that's what all the medical folk said may happen, I am just not that patient :-/

Anyway, enough of all that- take lots of rest & really look after yourself Mrs!

Emma xxx
  • Options
    Hey Emma, aw you're such a sweetheart. I am a lot more chilled now, although still having my moments! It's so hard sitting around doing nothing very much, but don't want to overdo it either.....my cons said there's no need to rest at all anyway. I will definitely keep you updated.

Glad you're feeling a little better hon. I guess once the sadness lifts a bit, it must be really good to know that you CAN get pg. This was just really bad luck. Just so awful when you've waited so long for it and been through fert treatment. Must be a tough decision when to start again.......if it were me I'd definitely want to go for Feb because I'm so impatient! But I guess it depends on whether you can afford it then. So, is yours unexplained infertiltiy? I know some people do fall naturally after IVF, alomost like their body knows what to do now. But for us my hubbie has poor sperm motility so it would still be very unlikely. Good luck with your decision sweetie xxx
  • Options
    Yes they told me to continue business as usual after my ET too- I dont think it really makes a difference what you do (unless you are chosing an extreme sport or something, of course;-)

I have mild PCOS and DH has mild general problems- nothing specific for either of us, so I suppose some may call that unexplained?!?!

I booked a trip to Dubai for June, to make myself have to wait, because I need some time off from everything being about the IVF!!!!

Happy days for you lady knowign you are technically pg- I really, really hope this is all a success for you and that you are able to move to the "Due in...." section :->

Much love & very positive thoughts heading your way xx
  • Options
    Hiya Em, yeah my cons said nothing I do or don't do now will affect the outcome. Except they keep saying RELAX.

Oh that's great that neither of you have any major issues....so a natural BFP is very possible then honey. It sounds like you have a good plan of action now. Great idea to go on holiday. Will be something to look forward to. Hopefully you will fall naturally in the meantime (sods law you will fall this month so you won't be able to go to Dubai!!!) and if not you will be safe in the knowledge that you will have IVF when you come back.

It is so weird isn't it....I don;t really feel any different, so I just can't actually believe it. Keep wondering if they're still dividing....so wish I could see them! But for now, I'm just visualising positive images and hoping and praying they are ok. Really don't want to test next week!!

Much love to you too sweetie xx