Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

IVF Starting Jan....

Hi All... have my IVF appt now - have my initial appt on the 23rd December, and the secretary has informed that I will probably start mid January. So I am really excited!!
Quite nervous but excited all the same.
I was wondering is there anything specific I should be asking in the initial appt?
I think I will be on the long protocal as I have such irregular periods and that seems to be the one where they try and control your AF and you can then startm but i just wondered what sort of questions should I be asking??? :\?
xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Rachie

I'll be having an appointment with a nurse at my IVF clinic in Dec/early Jan, with a view to starting Jan/Feb.

I plan to ask about:

- which drugs I'll be on, at which dosage/frequency (I've been told I'll be on the long protocol)
    - possible side effects of those drugs
    - key stages in the process and likely (approximate) date range
    - which stages MrD has to be present
    - which stages may have after effects
    - what plans I should be making for having time off work
    - anything else we can do to assist the process (suspect we probably have this one covered after nearly two years of internet research and medical advice, but hey)

Anything else?

It's all very exciting, though quite scary as well.
  • Options
    Hey hon, have a look at this:

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=66631.0

A bit overly detailed but useful for ideas xxx
  • Options
    Ah thank you girls....You stars!!!
    I suddenly thought... oooh panic!
    MrsD... I am still hoping you are going to be joining Sarah in pg this week and not with me on the IVF journey!
    TBD I have such high hopes for you sweetness... hope you are resting so those embies get nice and cosy!!!
    xxx