Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I'm out of the running, now FET question

Hi ladies, I've just done my day 15 test and bfn so my 1st cycle of ivf didn't work image
We were lucky to have some embryo's good enough for freezing (3). So that's our next step. Does anyone know how long you normally have to wait for fet after failed ivf?

Hope everyone else is doing well
Zoe xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Oh, so sorry to hear this Zoe. You sound amazingly positive and looking on the bright side - that's just great. But I know how gutting it is and I'm sure you're feeling it. Take care of yourself. Good luck for the FET, 3 embies is a brilliant result so there's a really good chance. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I'm not 100% sure about how long to wait, I have a feeling you can go straight on to it when you get your next CD1. I was never told I had to wait - that said, we did give it quite a few months just because we were a bit emotionally (and me, physically) battered after the IVF. Have a chat with your consultant about it and, as soon as they say it's okay and you feel ready (body and soul) to go for FET, then go for it! GOOD LUCK! x
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear your news Zoe. Our clinic encouraged us to wait 3 cycles before doing a FET (which we're in the middle of now). Good luck.
  • Options
    Ho Zoe

Sorry to hear about your BFN. Our clinic said we had to wait for 3 AFs, when I questioned why they said it takes that long for the drugs to get out of your system so can affect the success rate. Will you be doing a natural FET cycle? x
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies, I was doing quite well but af came today & made the bfn too real image I was sent home frm work in tears.

I phoned the clinc and they said to wait 3 months before fet.
    Debbie c- the nurse said I'd still have to down reg but no stims, not sure if that's the norm? You're also having fet aren't you?

Zoe xx
  • Options
    Zoe82, really sorry that your first try didn't work. Ours didn't either and we are doing a FET, in fact today is transfer day - just waiting for a phone call to let us know how the defrosting process went, very scary .....

Timewise, the FET has taken almost as long as the normal process, the only difference was the medication, no injections and HRT instead. The main side effect was my appetite increasing, HUGE ... Still if it works it'll be worth it.

I also thought what, wait 3 months why? when we had our negative test ... but actually it has been a good thing, I really needed it to get my body ready to go again. Good luck.
  • Options
    Hi Zoe

Sorry for the delay, yes am also due to have FET. I still have a cycle to wait but this one has been all over the place so they were right to make me wait. As Lougla says it sounds like you will be having meds as she had.

Try and look after yourself in the meantime xx