Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO MrsD

Hiya MrsD, just wanted to say I read your 'introduce yourself' bit on the other thread...it sounds like you have been through such a lot. Must have been awful when they told you you had PCOS and then changed their minds....I sometimes wonder if docs do not actually realise the implications of telling us these kinds of things??? It is good to know that you did get a BFP despite your hubbie's s/a results, at least you know it IS possible, although I imagine that is not too much of a consolation to you right now. My hubbie's results are pretty similar so gives me some hope aswell.

So are you getting your treatment on the NHS hon? I really hope things go smoothly and I am reading of your BFP very soon! I would be really interested to hear more about the 'process' goven that we will be going down the same route xx

Replies

• Options
    Ooooh - my first ever FAO!! Thanks TBD!!!

We are going with NHS funded treatment at the moment. It has been reasonably quick - it's 10 months since we first went to the doctor and we start treatment tomorrow. The nurses at the fertility unit are just fab. The same department also looks after early pregnancy, so I'm so hoping I can have a scan with them for all the right happy reasons.

What stage are you at - do you have timeframe for treatment?

Thank you

xx
  • Options
    Hey MrsD - he he glad you liked the FAO!

10 months doesn't sound TOOOO bad (although I am sure it has felt like a long wait as well). That must be so exciting (and scary) to be starting treatment tomorrow....must be lots of different thoughts and feelings flying around I guess.

We were only just told on Friday that we are likely to need IUI or IVF due to hubbie's sperm problems. We have an appt at the fertility clinic in a couple of weeks time and then I guess we'll take it from there. I am so so scared about what they will say, mainly due to the fact that I am finding it increasingly difficult each month that passes and my life is becoming more and more isolated and miserable, so not sure how much more I can take. I have a feeling hubbie will want to 'wait and see' for a bit longer, and I will want to get on with treatment...BUT we will not be eligible for funding in our area for at least another 4 yrs as I'm 27 and they only treat women aged 31-35 on the NHS. It's so c**p as it costs such a lot of money, that we really don't have, but I would do anything to know that I have a chance of holding a baby in my arms.... So, we're still in the very early stages.

Wishing you so so much luck for starting treatment tomorrow. xx