Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I gave in and tested early

I couldn't stand it any longer and I tested this morning and got a positive on a hpt. I'm offically 10dpt of 1 single 5 day blast. I know I shouldn't have but the official test day isn't until this Wed when I have to do a hpt.

I need you to tell me the truth ladies, as I'm not getting my hopes up. Is this still the hcg from the trigger shot in my system?

Thanks

Love Em J xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Didn't want to read and run. I dont blame you for testing early, I know that when I get to this stage I will be so impatient to know! Unfortunately, it doesn't give you a definate answer, I dont know whether the hcg shot will be in your system still. If it wasn't the weekend you could maybe phone the clinic for advice. Maybe test again on Monday and if its positive phone the clinic? I really hope it is a real positive result, and have everything crossed for you. Try your best to keep your mind off it til then, good luck xxx
  • Options
    I don't know in all honesty, but hope your early result is correct x
  • Options
    Hey Em J - I don't know for sure either. I have read that the hcg shot can stay in your system for up to 2 weeks...am I right in thinking that you would have had the shot about 17 days ago though? If you're 10 days post transfer and your embie was transferred on day 5 - that would be 17 dyas since your shot I think. If that's the case...I THINK you could be getting a real positive. I really really hope so hun. Sorry I can't be more help but I'll keep everything crossed for you. Let us know when when you find out.x.
  • Options
    Hi Em,
    That seems like a very long time from ET to official test day. It would appear that different clinics have very different protocols. My clinic tested at 12 days post day 3 transfer, and I was getting faint positives from 9 days post day 3 transfer (naughty me but you know what it's like!).

I would have to say that your result sounds VERY promising, although I know people metabolise the trigger shot at different rates. I think it's fair to say that if when you test over the next few days (which, if you're anything like me, you will), it gets stronger, then you have your lovely BFP.

Really hope this is it for you x
  • Options
    Ooooh! Am crossing all my fingers and toes it's a proper postive!! Keep us posted xx
  • Options
    Thanks for all your lovely replies girls, I did another test this morning, a digital Boots test and it came us straightaway as pregnant. I'm now 11dp 5dt and 18days since trigger shot. I'm going to do a test again every day until official day on Wed.

Thanks for keeping everything crossed for me! I REALLY hope this is it, it's been a long time coming xxxx
  • Options
    I definitely think it's real hun, you would be the equivalent of 16dpo now so I think it's a true result. CONGRATS!!! So pleased for you.x.
  • Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you but it does sound very promising! I did my test 6 days early and got a really faint line that I wasn't sure that I was really seeing but then when I tested in the proper day it was so clear I was pregnant so really hope this is it for you too.
    Don't blame you for testing early it's the worst part of the cycle waiting 2 weeks.
    Baby dust to you and lookin foward to your official BFP on Weds
    Rhianx
  • Options
    Was thinking of you yesterday, hope you got good news xxx
  • Options
    Ladies,

Thanks for all your lovely wishes. I am so pleased to announce I got my official BFP on WED!!! xxxxx
  • Options
    OMG, congratulations!!!!! I was getting so worried for you when we didn't hear, but thats fantastic news. Well done, now just enjoy your pregnancy xxx
  • Options
    Congratualtions I am so happy for you, heres to a happy and healthy 9 months.
    I will look out for your BA!
    Rhian x
  • Options
    Yay huge congrats xxxxxx