Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

How long between being referred and appointment?

Basically what the title says... How long did u have to wait between being referred and recieving your appointment for the ACU.... I had my last appointment on July19th, I was discharged from my local hospital and was told i was being referred that very day.... How much longer do u think it will be..??.. The consultant said that i would get an appointment then would go on the waiting list from there...
I know that every ares is very different... but some insight would be great ... Thank you! image

XX

[Modified by: ~Cupcake~ on 29 August 2010 10:31:10 ]

Replies

• Hi cupcake

It was our doctor that referred us after doing a sa and 21 day bloods and we had first appointment within 2 weeks.

Our first appointment was a nurse led and she went through all of our history and referred us for more tests. We then see the consultant in October so it was about a 3 month wait. We have been told however that there is very little waiting list so all being well (me losing weight) we will start within a couple of months from our consultant appointment.

Hope this helps and good luck for your referrals and treatment.

V xx
  • Ahh so u got referred straight from the doctor to the ACU??....

We got referred to the infertility clinic last July by our doctor... this clinic is at our local hospital... ACU is a bit further away...I wish the appointment would hurry up... not even sure who I would get in touch with if i dont recieve it within the next couple of weeks... Hmmm

Its all very confusing isnt it??

So did u go through all the tests at the Assisted Conception Unit??

Sorry just trying to shed some light on all of this... Theres so much to learn!

XX
  • Hi Cupcake

We had quite a wait to get our first appointment at the ACU but think things are really bad at our PCT. All the tests after this were done at the ACU.

xx