Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

second appoint on 16th feb. what happens now?

hey ladies,

not been on for a while as reently moved house so been very busy with that.

i had my second appoint sent through the other day. anyone know what i should expect?

had a lap n dye in sept n endometreosis was found n treated. jus a bit nervous as to what will happen now :-S

hope ur all well

han xx

Replies

• Options
    hi hannah,

at my follow up app we got the results of hubbys sperm tests, which i think you know, were not good. The consultant told us

we neeeded ivf and thats what we are now in the middle of.

i guess what happens now will depend on if there are any other factors causing fertility problems, how old you are and how long you have been ttc.

keep us posted

xx
  • Options
    Hi Hannah, Hope you're settling into new home!

I would advise:

Make sure there's nothing outstanding that your gynea has requested you do-if there is, check with the fertility clinic. I hadn't booked my HSG, as I hadn't had af (needed tobe booked after af)and panicked that if I told them I hadn't had it, they would delay my appt. Stupid! If I had just been rational about it, we would have started clomid by now, instead of having to wait another 2 months for another appt!

Take a notebook, so you can write down what the gynae says and don't be afraid of asking questions. We were quite overwhelmed with all the information (and my DH has the worst memory!)

I also had a swab taken at my 2nd appt,but I was told that in the letter.

Good luck!
  • Options
    hey thanks for your replys. i'm 31 and we've been trying 2 years n 3 months. my hubbies sperm tests were strange. our gp told us he had low sperm count, mobility etc however the consultant said all was fine, which totally threw us as we thought it was him that needed something to boost the boys!

will defo take a note pad n pen cos things do generally go in one ear n out ther other with me, and i will have to go on my own as my hubby has to go to college which he can't get out of which has annoyed me slightly!!!

to be honest i'm gettin fairly peed off with this whole ttc lark now. i've thought of nothing else for the whole time. my brain needs a break i feel. feeling unbelievably deflated this month which is unusual for me as i jus normally get on with everything. sooner i get seen the better then i know whwere i stand next.

thanks so much ladies. really appreciate your responses

han xxxxx
  • Options
    hi,

when i saw the consultant after my op, they said they had found and treated endo and that it would double my chances of conceivig and to try for 4-6 months before ivf. Then we got hubbys results at our actual follow up app and the rest you know. I would def question hubbys results. Have your clinic only done 1 sperm test? our clinic protocol is to do 2 tests regardless of results.

fingers crossed for you, enjoy your new home you lucky thing!
  • Options
    Hi Hannah. I can't really give any advice as it was bad news at my 1st and so didn't get a second. But good luck!!

I know exactly what you mean about being deflated. Every month I feel thatvway. Even though iknow deep down I can't conceive without help I still have some hope each month which then brings disappointment.

I keep telling myself though that life goes on and there are many many things I love about my life.

Take care.

Xx