Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Taking the first step!

Hi girls,

I've been milling about here for the last few days, just dipping in and out of various threads, and I thought i'd better introduce myself. I'll start from the beginning...

My Hubby and I have been together for 7 years, and have been ttc for the last 2 of them. I'm overweight, and although I managed to lose a massive 3 stone last year, i've still got a fair bit to go. I always knew in my heart that it would take a while to fall, but after 2 years of trying it's about time I went to get professional help. My problem is this - I'm really nervous that the Doctor is going to tell me he won't help until I shift the rest of my weight, or worse still, that i'm going to struggle to conceive. Has anyone else been in the same situation and what did your Dr do?

Thanks muchly :?

Replies

• Options
    Hey Mrs G,

I'm sorry you've had to come here and join us, but welcome!

Do you know your BMI?

I know some Drs are a bit funny about referring overweight women with fertility issues, but if your BMI isn't too far over 30, they should start proceedings. I have a BMI of 33-34 and we have had lots of tests and investigations, but the fertility clinic won't treat my problem before I've lost weight and got my BMI below 30.

At least if you go, you can find out where you stand, and although its horrible someone telling you that your weight might be getting in the way of having your baby (even if you know it yourself!), it might give you that extra boost?!

And what could be worse than not having a baby at all?

Good luck xx
  • Options
    Hi Mrs G,

Welcome to our very friendly thread!!

Firstly well done on that fantastic weight loss!

Just wanted to reassure you, that you should get seen at gynae clinic even if you are overweight, they can still do tests, as wm says, but wont do any treatment until bmi under 30.

We were referred after a yr of ttc (am old so wanted to hurry things along!) They did all the investigations, which came back normal but then said I must lose weight! My bmi was a shocking 41 but at no point did they make me feel like I was wasting their time! I am pleased to say I have lost 4 stone and bmi is now 30, so am hoping to be referred back soon.

Good luck and keep us posted! Xx
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies!

My BMI is 33, so not too far to go! I think the problems i've had stem back to when I was younger. I was on the pill from 16 until 22, when I came off because it started making me crazy. Since then, i've had very irregular periods, like sometimes it can be 12 weeks in between, however, hubby and I bd every other night when i'd finshed bleeding (tmi!) but nothing ever came of it.

I'm such a wuss with the doctors though, I had a very bad session of cramping a few months ago and then bled for days and days, my hubby said I needed to go to then, but I put it off, and never went!

I'm going to phone the doctors tomorrow for an appointment and see what happens, can only get better from here!

Wow! 4 stone! Amazing congrats! image xxx
  • Options
    Realpowerfulspells used to (HELP TO GET PREGNANT REALLY QUICK)(HELP YOU TO GIVE BIRTH TO A BABY BOY)(ASSIST WHEN YOU ARE PREGNANT)bring in cash, draw in money, receive a job offer or promotion, bring back money owed, magnify gambling wins, enhance good luck, attract business partners and customers, or increase

prosperity. Realpowerfulspells can be gentle or strong, suggestive or coercive; what makes them all Realpowerfulspells is that they have something to do with money, gambling, business success, or wealth.personal success, draw in allies, receive a favourable verdict in court, magnify rulership, force others to behave as desired, enhance control, attract helpful spirits or demons, or increase will power. Realpowerfulspells can be gentle or strong, suggestive or coercive; what makes them all Realpowerfulspells is that they have something to do with controlling, commanding, compelling, or bending others to one's

will.SO POWERFUL. http://realpowerfulspells.blogspot.com/