Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Saline Sonohysterography (SHG) ... Anyone?

Hello,

I went to the Dr. today thinking that we will finally be starting ICSI but they told us we first need to do Saline Sonohysterography (SHG) and if everything was fine we will start on our next cycle.

I never heard of this test but reading on the net, this test is to evaluate the uterine cavity for evidence of abnormal lesions.

Anyone done this test before?

I already did HSG but they said this is different and we should do it to ensure everything is fine for the embryos to implant.

But I am worried as i dont want them to find anything wrong :/

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun, I am not familiar with this test, is this on the nhs? If it is to check uterine cavity then yes it will differ from the hsg which just checks the patency of tubes.

I would think of it as a positive thing that they are suggesting this for you as it sounds like it will determine how icsi will work for you. And remember, if they do find anything wrong they will hopefully be able to fix it for you before you start treatment to maximize its chances of working so try not to worry too much x
  • Options
    I am not from UK... we don't have NHS but we do have similar "public healthcare".

Yea I should be positive and thankful that we are getting closer everytime.

If I may ask, how is it going on with you?
  • Options
    RiRi, I'm bumping this up for you in the hope that someone else may be able to help. Good luck for when you go ahead with this.

So nice of you to ask about me! I don't know if you've read any of my posts in the IVF forum but we have had all sorts of tests and are considered unexplained, which is most frustrating. We have just had a failed round of IUI (we chose IUI as we thought it would be best in the absence of any other problems between us). We're going to give it another try next month. It is all very frustrating but we hope to get there soon.

Wishing you all the best.
  • Options
    Thanks for the bumping, my SHG is tomrw, I am worried but I want to get done with it.

Hopefully u get ur BFP soon... image It must be very frustrating, our bodies behave in a 'weird' way sometimes ;p

When will you start ur second IUI round?

As for us, DH was diagonsed with Azoospermia (no sperms) but thankfully, after 3months of clomid we were able to find sperms in the SA.

My HSG showed blocked tubes. So now waiting for the SHG and hopefully will start ICSI.