Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Think I have lutual phase defect

Hi

I we have been ttc for 2 years and have had all the normal checks which are all clear but having used the cbfm for last 3 months I found I ovulate day 20 21 and have all the pains to make me think this is definately correct but when I went back to hospital they said my 21 day bloods say I haven't ovulated. I explained that I'm ov late in my cycle so have a 8 day lutual phase. Cycles are 28 days. They dismissed me and are sending me for hsg before another 6 months on clomid.

I think there missing the fact that I couldn't carry a pregnancy with an 8 days lutual phase.

Any suggestions?? I'm on way to get some vit b6 as have heard it helps extend mutual phase.

Replies

• Options
    Hi just gcing, I have a 23 day cycle and an 8 day LP....max 9 days.

I am now pregnant with number 2. Just to give you hope. I have got my BFP's both on 8DPO (so maybe for ladies like us we need to have quick implantation)

I used VitB6 and AC to help lengthen mine when ttc DS1....it did give me a 9DPO which was great.

In fact there was a group of us in ttc, we started a FB group for people with short LP and 2 years later every single one of us has managed to have a sticky bean

Good luck xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply that make me believe it will be possible. I now have to book my hsg Tuesday and have been given 2 21 day bloods so I can do their one at 21 and do one after I think I've ov.

Can I ask when you took your vitamins and why it was. I've just strews 100mg vitb6.

Thanks again you have given me hope x
  • Options
    Hi Allison,

I think I might have a similar problem to you. This month I ovulated on day 22 and then started to get spotting on day 24. I wonder if I either have pcos (because I spot for about a week - bleed for another week and then spot for a third week. Can I ask how long you bleed for?

I herb that AKAlady refers to is called Agnus Castus - I am thinking about using this. I have read that you should take it from day one of your cycle until you ovulate but then you need to stop because it can cause a mc. You then need to start taking it again from day 1 of your next cycle x
  • Options
    Hi,

I spot for 1 day (day 27) then bleed for 2-3 days so not long really. I had my hsg last Wednesday which I have to say was not a pleasant experience and did hurt like he'll when then expanded the blood, I nearly passed out!! Nurses were fanning me and mopping my sweaty brow! Very emmbarrasing. but found out tubes are clear so now waiting for my next appointment in July. Should be onto 6 of clomid. I get terrible pain in my ovaries area day 20 21 it's so bad I have to take painkillers so pretty sure its ovulation pains. I'm off for 21 day bloods today then going again next week in case I am right and I am ov day 20. Ive been taking vitb6 this month bur haven tried the Angus yet. Good luck with you, they should check re you thinking you have pcos. They haven't found anything wrong with me yet so fingers crossed for us all.

• Options
    Hi Alison,

Sorry to sound you have had to go through all that pain and discomfort. What is an HSG? Glad to hear nothing is wrong with your tubes.

I went back to the doctors yesterday and saw another GP for a second opinion and she seemed quite concerned about the amount I have been bleeding so she took some blood samples from me, and took a sample from my cervix. She said she thinks I will probably end up being referre to gynae which has worried me a lot. I get my tests back next week. I expect I will end up having a scan of my ovaries because I have had problems with my periods before years ago and they mentioned the possibility of me having PCOS then.

I actually asked her about taking vitamin B6 and she warned against it because it can cause nerve damage. She said no one should ever take a dosage of more than 50mg per day so please be careful and ask your doctor if you are not sure.

Best wishes x