Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Azoospermia................................. Bless you!!!! (no sperm present)

Thought I'd start up a thread incase anyone ever gets the diagnosis that left me and hubby thinking Azoo what? excuse me?could you repeat that please useless GP who knows nothing about the above.

I'm not an expert by any means in the condition but I could hazard a guess that I know more than my Gp who gave the sa result in march.

Anyway this thread is here for anyone who wishes to use it. And for people that are thinking WHAT?

Azoospermia is a diagnosis of no sperm present in ejaculation. The diagnosis doesn't mean there will be no baby it just means that the path to getting your baby will be different to the one regular people take and will involve tests and waiting, more tests and more waiting!

There are 2 types your partner could be diagnosed with

Obstructive Azoospermia - caused by a blockage,cyst,varicoele or versectamy etc

Non Obtructive Azoospermia - can be caused by a variety of factors unbalanced hormones,undescended testicles,testicular trauma,missing vas deferrans,gene abnormalities etc

In most cases IVF using ICSI can be used as a treatment once your partner has undergone a TESE (testicular biopsie)and SSR (surgical sperm retrieval)

So for anyone who has just been given the diagnosis and has found this site first (like I did)there is hope one day we'll get our bfp's

Replies

• Options
    Hi there

Has your oh had more than one test? My hubby had none in his first test because they had left his sample too long. We have now found out that my oh has a chromosome problem which is why is has reduced numbers.

Sorry, didn't mean to take over.

V xxx
  • Options
    Hi Ladybird (no need to apologise) did they find swimmers in your oh's next test?

my hubby's had 2 sa's with none present and all the other tests done too. Everything came back normal except for a raised fsh which the fs said is most likely because of damage caused by having mumps when he was a kid. We're just waiting now to get an appointment through for a tese then it'll be a referral to the Hewitt Centre at Liverpool Womens. They don't have much of a waiting list just a couple of months so hopefully this time next year I'll be getting quite fat :lol:

Are you going through treatment at the minute?