Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

CD21 Blood test results?

Hi Ladies,

I had my CD21 blood tests results back which I had to ring for. The only thing I've been told is that that they are all okay and if we still don't have any luck conceiving in the next 6 months then to make another appointment to see the doctor again.

Just wondered if any of you had a report or had any of the results back? Would you be satisifed with a 'everything is ok' answer?. I can't help but be intrigued!

Thanks x

Replies

• Options
    Hiya Loopy,

I would actually want to know what the figure is, over 30 is defo ovulated, 20-30 is probable ovulation and any less in no ovulation. GP's are not the experts in fertility so I think its best for you to have all the info - it is about you after all! Just get the figure when you are next at surgery.

Has your OH had his "boys" analysed? If not, you should push for this to be done.

If that comes back normal and if you are not 35 or over then the advise is ttc for 2 years - a long time I know!

Hope that helps! x
  • Options
    Hi jonzemonkey,

Yes I would like to have the results because I could look on the internet for further information as to what the level range the tests should be in.

Hubby is waiting for his SA appointment at the moment. They have recently changed the policy at our surgery so we have to wait for an appointment from the hospital. I expect its going to take a while, it would be nice for him to get it out of the way. Now that my results have come back ok he is wondering whether or not there is an issue with his swimmers!

I'm been told go back in 6 months and she'll then forward us to a fertility clinic. A year seems long enough, I think Ill just be able to manage the 6 month wait sooo glad we don't have to wait for 2 years. Hope we are lucky before then though, thanks for the help x
  • Options
    Hey Loopy - I had to push to get the actual numbers rather than their choice word of 'normal'. It was helpful with the progesterone as it was 33 so that is a really positive sign. It wasn't so helpful with the FSH/LH levels but am seeing the dr tomorrow to discuss it. I don't know why they can be so vague sometimes; they're your results! It is a long old process. I did ask on here about results and what they meant - some people were helpful but despite much googling etc I wasn't able to find all the answers I wanted. Why not book to see the Dr again and just chat it all through in a bit more detail. It really can help.
  • Options
    Hi Munchie78uk I was going to book an appointment but I recently had three doctors appointments in 3 weeks. Not that much I know considering I never go but my boss dragged me into his office wanting to know if there was anything he should know about and even asked if it was twins!! MEN!

I thought I'd be better off not having another appointment for a while, I may ring up the surgery again to see if they will give them to me x
  • Options
    Tut tut to your boss - he has no legal right to ask that! Naughty man. Can you get a late appointment? A phone call might work also mind. Why are these things such a quagmire? I think my boss thinks I have some major digestive problems as I keep going off to appointments, blood tests etc and have had to have them make provision for me when teaching in case I get hit by a burst of the squits thanks to the metformin! Delightful huh!?
  • Options
    Munchie78uk you made me smile lol yes these things are never straight forward are they. I'll give them a ring again in a couple of days thanks x
  • Options
    I also got told over the phone by a receptionist that my 21 day blood was ok..... I asked what she meant ok and she said it shows you ovulated. She was so blunt I asked for the figure the next time I saw my gp he had no issue with me knowing the exact numbers.

I've also had the 2 day bloods taken and got the results for that too. It is tricky to find info on lh and fsh.

prolactin should be under 500 m/ul

fsh less than 9 u/l normal

9-11 fair

11-15 not that good

15-20 poor

20+ bad
  • Options
    Ahh thanks for the detailed info wibblewobble1 I will definitely be asking for the numbers next time I go to the see the doctor.

That's all the receptionist said to me too, did any of ur results show that they were boarderline or a little on the low/high side when you got the exact figures? x