Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeling Fed Up & Some Advice Needed Please

Hi Ladies,

I'm having a 'down' day so thought I'd post on here for a pick me up. I've been TTC for a 1 year now, I know there there are many of you on here have been TTC for alot longer than me so apologies but I'm just finding it really hard.

Every month I try and be +ve but I just can't see me ever becoming a Mum :cry: I've had my CD21 day bloods done which all came back okay. DH is still waiting for his SA appointment, we've been told it can take up to 5 weeks.

My cycles seem to be altering too and I wondered if any of you had any thoughts? My cycles have always been between 31-33 days in length, last month was 28 days and this month looks to be 24 days! I got my peaks this month on CD11/12 when I ususally get them around CD18/19. I haven't been able to take many temps as I have been away on hols but they seem to be low (see chart below) and so I'm now convinced that I haven't even ov'd even though my CBFM says I have. This month now seems a total waste of time, I feel like I'm already out. I'm sure I had OV pain on CD11 though.

Would you still keep temping/POAS if you were me? Do you think I'm definitely out this month? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - thanks! x

Replies

• Options
    Sorry to hear your feeling down.

When you got your CD 21 blood result did they say you have ov'd??

My cycles are all over the place too anything from 25-45 days so I know how frustrating it can be.

I would try & stay positive for this month (easier said than done I know!) you dont know you haven't ov'd!

Wishing you lots of luck xxx
  • Options
    Hi MrsRed23 thanks for the response, yes my CD21 bloods said I had ovulated but last month I ov'd later and there was a clear thermal shift on my chart. So just really confused?

Thanks x
  • Options
    I don't understand the temping, I personally don't do it as I believe your suppose to do it at the same time everyday?? but I work day & night shifts in my job so would be too hard to get accurate readings. Might start doing it soon thou, it'd give me something else to be obsessive over! Lol!!

Can see how your confused, sorry can't be of much help...

Xxx
  • Options
    MrsRed23 thanks for your help anyway, this is only my 2nd month of temping so I'm don't understand it all either. Yes you're supposed to do it the same time every day, in the week its not a problem but I don't tend to stick to it on the weekend when I need a lie in :lol:

It is nice to have something to do in the 2ww though, it takes my mind of it a little bit x
  • Options
    I've charted religious for the last year and a bit so throw your questions my way!! In terms of analysing your chart this month, it;ll be hard to prove you ov'd a you don't have any earlier temps to compare to and it could be that you just had a low bbt this month - was it around 35.90 ish last month? It is low (well than mine image ) but pretty sure it's within the normal limits.

That's not very helpful I know! It does get easier to notice a pattern after a couple of months.
  • Options
    Hi bleurgh thanks for the response.

I had a look back and last month my BBT chart ranged from 36.0 to 36.8 at the highest. I'm really hoping that I have ov'd and its just that I didn't take enough temps earlier on as ov caught me by surprise as it was so early x