Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone wanting to lose a few pounds...?

Evening ladies! Hope you are all doing ok. So, me and hubby have been trying for a baby for about 14 months now and we are hoping to have our first cycle of IUI in January. It's exciting that something is finally happening, and as such has made me kick start my weight loss. I've lost about 6lbs so far but would like to lose some more before our first treatment. I've joined the gym and have been going at least 3 times a week and have been monitoring my calorie intake. I'm weighing in tomorrow morning and was wondering if anyone wanted to join me. Maybe diverting our attention onto something else, might bring on a couple of unexpected BFPs! Who knows! image

Replies

• Options
    I REALLY need to join!! I know I've been putting on weight since I lost 1/2 a stone to be prescribed clomid. So I'm actually too scared to weigh myself!!!

And I've just realised I've eaten 5 eggs today, plus I made 2 cakes yesterday and they need eating!
  • Options
    Excellent! Hopefully we can help each other along. I've had a bit of a bad day myself with food. Whoops! Oh well it'll be a new start tomorrow. Let's get focused and lose those pounds!
  • Options
    Ok. I weighed myself this morning and a few pounds heavier than expected! Anyway, I now weigh 13 st 9.2 lbs which means my first goal is to get under 13st. Here goes!
  • Options
    heya hunny! im on a weight loss mission to be prescribed clomid in november!

currently lost 1 stone and want to lose a few more pounds to help myself along xx

am going to gym three times per week and doing slimming world
  • Options
    Wow well done on the weight loss. I'm also going to gym about 4 times a week. Weighing myself on Monday morning, so just got to get through the weekend! I'm just calorie counting so hoping that it works for me! Also on clomid diet. Hoping to have insemination in new year.
  • Options
    Hey! About the same as me, then TiggerRoo. I havn't weighed myself in a while. But I think I'm about 13stone 8lb. I've just had a letter updating me on our progress and explaining what they found on the laparoscopy.

The consultant had said that I will get another round of clomid if I'm not ovulating, but then it will be IVF. Then he said I would need to get down to 10stone 6lb before being considered for that. So I reckon thats my goal!!!

3stone 2lb to go..... errrrkkkkk!!
  • Options
    and DummyMummy! Well done on a stone loss- thats great!
  • Options
    I know it seems a long way to go. I probably need to lose about 2 and a half stone, but I'm just taking it a pound at a time. The weekends are the worse for me. I'm weighing myself tomorrow and just hoping I've lost a pound! Had a quick check today and I seem to have lost a pound already (had a bit of a bad day yesterday, subway and a cake - whoops!), so I'll be happy with that! Fingers crossed! Going to clean house today and do some washing and ironing so hoping that'll burn off a few calories. Good luck ladies, we can do it. image
  • Options
    Well, I weighed myself for the first time in ages yesterday and I have put all the weight back on that I lost to get clomid, but I'm only (!!!) 13st 5lb. At least that means its under 3 stone that I have to lose!!! (ok, only 1 lb under, but still under!!)

At the moment I'm just trying to cut down the amount of food that I eat, as I think my portion sizes are my downfall. And once I'm recovered from laparoscopy, I'll do more walking with the dog and maybe a bit of jogging.
  • Options
    Im really going too lose some pounds (or stones) also! :P Ive been going to a herbalist who has suggested that i stick to a strick GI diet... Hmmmm!!

I would love to drop a dress size and lose some inches from my waist.. Not sure what my current weight is at the minute... i dont own scales, as id get myself majorly down! ha..

Good Luck Ladies imageimage xx
  • Options
    Well ladies, this week hasn't been too bad. Weekend passed without too many bad choices :roll: 4 visits to the gym later, and I weighted myself this morning with hope. However, was totally gutted as only lost a pound! 1 single pound! How can that be!!! :x AF is due this week, so I'm hoping that it's just my body playing tricks on me. Anyway, onwards and upwards - first visit to the gym this week already done and lets hope next week the scales are good to me!
  • Options
    2nd week down and I've lost another 1.6 pounds. Not too bad as I haven't been 100% this week and didn't go to the gym too much as cramps from AF were pretty bad and I just felt rubbish. However, AF on her way out so off to gym tonight, upwards and onwards. image
  • Options
    3rd week down and another 1.2lbs off. It soon starts adding up after a few weeks even with small loses. I'm now have less to lose than I have already lost on my little ticker showing my first goal! image

Hope you other ladies are doing well :roll:
  • Options
    Well done, Tiggerroo!

How do you get a ticker? I tried doing it, but it didn't work.

I have been rubbish! I am the same weight, but I FEEL fatter. I think its bloating, but it feels horrible. In fact, it might help, as it makes me feel so fat, I don't want to eat!

Off to go for a long dog walk now! Hopefully I'll have some better news next week!
  • Options
    I went to lilyslim and added it as a url on the signature box on your profile.

I have been trying to drink lots of water this week, as I don't tend to drink that much and have found that that has surpressed my appetite a bit. It would be nice to lose about 2lbs this week as that would take me into double figures. I think the key with me is I keep telling myself I'm not on a diet. It's working wonder! Just got to hope that I can keep it up image
  • Options
    I've given up trying to convert everything into lbs I'm afraid. So I'm 84.4kg today! I think I've lost a bit since last week!
  • Options
    Well done! I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks so not weighing in this week. Back on the healthy eating plan with exercise and I'll see how ~I d next week. I'm pretty sure I've gained a couple of pounds so hope to lose that by next weeks weigh in. Keep up the good work Windy! image
  • Options
    I've been calculating my weight loss and got myself totally confused. I think I under-calculated my start weight! I was 86kg, which I think is about 13st 7lb and I'm now 84kg. I'm going to stick with kg's from now on to stop confusing myself!

But thats 2kg (4lb)in total, which I'm happy about!
  • Options
    Im starting this comming month as i plan to see after the drilling if i can get pregnant so will drop some weigth my goal is 1stoneimage
  • Options
    Good luck, Alexxanna. I seem to have come to a standstill. More vigourous exercise needed, I think!