Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Endometriosis

Hi,

I've just had a cholocate cyst removed and they discovered that I've got severe endometriosis.  I've checked it out on Google and it all seems quite scary. I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow and I think the next plan of action is injections to reduce it and then another op to remove it.  Has anyone had any experiences like this?! 

Replies

• Options

Hello I have been lurking  for a while and thought I should register and start replying to posts as I have been trying to concieve (unsucessfully) for nearly 3 years now and can relate to a lot of posts. 

I was in the same situation as you it was found that I had severe endometriosis whilst they were removing an 'unusual' cyst from my ovary.  I had a second lacroscopy to remove the extensive endo that they found. As soon as I came round from the operarion I felt like a differen person and the pain that had plagued me for years was gone.  I am anatomically normal now and are hoping this may boost my fertility. I would throughly recommend that you have the op to get it removed.

I am still TTC and trying to stay positive and am currently half way through the 2ww after our first cycle of IUI. I hope its ok for me to join in the forum?

• Options

Hiya,  Of course your welcome to join, Thanks for replying to me!  image 

Were you put on injections too or did you just have the second op?  

How is the 2ww going?  It's a long two weeks isn't it?!?! I hope your relaxing and putting your feet up!! image

• Options
    Hello image No I wasn't put on injections I just had another op.

Yes the 2ww is testing! I am relaxing a lot, I feel really lazy!!.But im driving.myself.mad wondering.what if..