Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

NHS Wait& Clomid

So we've been TTC for 3 years now but with gaps in between where we didn't pursue it ( like going to Africa and moving house)   We had all the tests last Summer and came back with husband low sperm count and a recommendation for ICSI.  We were referred in the New year and had our first appointment at clinic yesterday, expecting a timetable for down regging etc. 
HUGE disappointment when they tell us now that we had to have BMI under 30 and then there is a 9 - 12 month waiting list.  Husband's BMI is 31 so he joined the gym last night.

Fertility clinic told us to go to GP and get clomid while we are waiting but I'm now concerned GP will say no since my cycle is regular and ovulation obvious etc.  Any hints on how to get prescribed and actually if it is worth it.  I am so desperate with 3 bloomin pregnant colleagues I sit and look at at work I want to try anything

Replies

• Options
    hey legally blonde x

i started another thread.on here its called NEW, clomid advice?

we are all on clomid and going through it together if u want any advice on how it works etc,

me & fiance been trying for 2 years, i have a son from.prev relationship hes nearly 5, i had no period for 2, 1/2 years after i had him .. then when i started again i was always regular with my period but im not actually ov, got refered hubby has low sperm count and i had a laparoscopy done and diagnosed with blocked tube aswell, seems everything was against us and one doc refused to give me clomid even tho that should help, next one i seen gave me.it no problem! i had my first round this month and will find out tomorrow if i ovulated or not so hoping it works x

id say if you really want a baby clomid cant do any harm trying it out see if it helps x