Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

advice on soy isoflavones/isolates

hi ladies,

i have been reading up about soy isoflavones and soy isolate, not sure if there's much of a difference between the 2?

aparently the protien can be used in the same way as clomid to bring on and improve ov, although no real medical research has yet been done, i've read of alot of success stories!

im pco and ttc for 3 years, getting desperate to try anything whilst waiting on docs!

has anyone here tried this or looked into it?

any feedback would be great.

thank you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options

hi franks2

i'm not sure about the difference between isoflavones and isolate.i had been taking soy isoflavones on days 3-7 of my cycle.on my second cycle of this i got a bfp and am now 6 weeks pregnant.

i looked into the isoflavones because my cycle has always been very irregular,i tried agnus cactus for six months but didnt see much of an improvement so read some good reviews and thought i havent got anything to lose.

i took 160mg days 3-5 then increased to 200mg days 6-7.didnt have any real side effects other than being a bit grouchy and headachey

so all in all i would definitely recommend.you do need to take them early in your cycle similar to clomid or they can affect you ovulating and arent recommended if your cycle is normal.

hope this helps

kelly

• Options

Hi Kelly, thank you so much for your reply. I have taken isoflavones this month, on CD13 now and been at it like rabbit's! image Really hoping it works, as have first fertility appointment on 6th June, hoping we won't need it. I took a lower dose as it was first go, but still increased as I went on. I did cd 3-7.

So happy to hear it worked for you, given me a much needed boost.

Was you trying for a while? How you finding pregnancy? You must be so happy!

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx