Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

PCOS ladies! Help me!

Hey ladies my husband and I have been TTC for a year now and I didn't know why it wasnt working for me! My doctor did a pelvic ultrasound last Tuesday and still haven't talked to him so I got it out of the nurse and she told me I have PCOS. She couldn't give me any other info on how bad it is and I won't know till I get back to Ohio. I'm in vacation till sat. And I really want to start clomid but of course I started my period on the way to vacation! I was so mad!!! But can anyone with PCOS that has tried clomid give me their stories!? Please!?

Replies

• Options

IHi WendyDowell,

I'm on Clomid and did concieve on it back in Feb this year although sadly mc at 7 weeks. It was my 4th cycle of clomid. Although i'd had a 2month break between the 3rd and 4th and I also had started a low GI diet (which is supposed to help the hormones that are out of whack from PCOS) and accupunture.

I've only one cycle left of clomid now, but think i've nt concived since mc as cycles been out of whack from mc and been quite stressed although I am still following a low GI diet and accupunture.

Good Luck x

• Options

Hello.  I too have pros and used clomid.  It worked for me on the 5th cycle and now have a littlegorilla who will be 1 next month so don't give up hope xx goodluck x

• Options

Ha ha I have a little girl not gorilla!

• Options

I thought you had a girl, not a gorilla, Poppy!!

Clomid wasn't great for me- made me ov, but not concieve- everyone is different and pcos affects people in so many varying ways!

I had better success with ovarian drilling.  I think its a less popular procedure these days, but I literally ovulated less than a week after the procedure and concieved on my 3rd cycle after drilling.  I also have a little girl who is one in aug- Poppy and I graduated from ltttc to DI August 2012 together!

I hope you get some good news when you're back from hols and that next cycle comes quickly for you xx