Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hello again & a cry for help...

Hi all. I was on here last about 2 years ago but had to come off as I was obsessing so much and to be honest, the site was making me feel more sad than hopeful... Well, I am back.

It's now been 3 years since hubs and I started trying. He is 35, I am 27 and we have been married 6 years. We know he has a low sperm count as got him checked about two years ago but after being told to "take zinc, lots of sex and relax", 2 years later... nothing.

So, I was wondering if any of you ladies have dealt with this and what you ended up doing in the end to help you get pg.

I have never been pg so I asked doc if there could be something wrong with me... We are in the process of changing docs as we have now moved and he said he would put on my notes that when reg'd at new docs, they need to refer us to fertility clinic.

I know I ovulate every month as bought a BDFM about 2 years ago... Regular periods though they are very painful and gradually getting worse so I asked doc if I possibly had endometreotis, he said this would be checked at fertility clinic.

Just feeling so sad about the whole thing that it has come to this...

My Mum had problems getting me, she had a lot of miscarriages but docs say this is different.. just never imagined we would have so many probs. Neither of us drink to excess or smoke, we eat healthily, we're young.. just looking for some advice really. Never thought we'd end up needed assistance from docs just to have a child image

Replies

• Options
    Hi.

I dont know what you are going through as my circumstances are diff. My partner is 28 and his sperm are fine. I am in the process of getting checked. We are now in our 3rd year ttc and still nothing. But I am hopeful. Thats all I can be. I have to believe that I will have a baby. Otherwise, well it doesnt bear thinking about.

Not much help but just words of comforty knowing your not alone. Xxx
  • Options

Thank you for replying..... this forum used to be much busier!

• Options

FireRed, no chance on this earth should you have had to wait 2 years to be referred on. 12 months unassisted is the norm (I was 6 months but they already knew I had problems prior to ttc) so you should have been well on the way to being help by now.

When you register with your new doc, ask to be referred straight away. Make sure they do - this is the sort of stuff that can just be swept under the carpet because so many people want referring but don't be that girl - honestly. Get help and make sure they understand you.

I've had a rocky ride (ironically, for me, getting referred was easy, it was AFTER that that problems started!) but you just need to keep pushing, not in an arsey way but just be really open and clear about just how long you've been trying, your concerns etc etc.

If you're ovulating but not conceiving and your periods are painful, they SHOULD be checking you out - if it IS endo, then it's one of the easiest things to diagnose with a scan or laparoscopy so it's not like it should entail months of waiting for test after test. Has your husband been checked out for his sperm count? That's a dead easy test too.

Please keep us updated - crossing everything I have for you. Here for you if you need a rant!! image xxx

• Options
    Hi, me and my hubby had been ttc for jus short of 2 years. We had made doc appointments and was going to start making moves towards fertility treatment after our holiday in June 2014. We had a weekend away booked to London as we were going to see a concert (justin timberlake image ) we got back on Wednesday 2nd April and I found out I was expecting on 5th April when I had missed my period by 1 day, just had a feeling to take a test even tho I thought there would be no point. I think what did it was jus totally relaxing ( we wasn't thinking or talking about babies in London) and before we went away I had secretly give up hope I honestly thought we would never concieve and was slowly getting the attitude of if it's meant to be it will be if not it will jus be me and hubby, and I think that's why because I wasn't thinking about it, so please jus relax maybe book a weekend away or longer and jus have sex as normal and you will concieve when the time is right image