Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hope for you all x

Hi ladies I know some of you know me and how long I've been on here for but for anyone that wants a read I felt I had to share my story with you. I am 25 and hubby is 28 , we was trying for over a year when nothing was happening I found out I had polycystic ovaries and pretty bad. We decided to go through fertility on march 2012. After 2 cycles of clomid that I started in September I fell on my 2nd cycle but unfortunately miscarried. I went on to have another 4 cycles of clomid from January 2013 with no success. I had a meeting with my consultant and he suggested IUI . We had 2 cycles of this and no joy. October 2013 I was rushed into hospital with a cyst that had burst on my ovary . This made me and hubby really think about all the injections and different false hormones we were putting into my body and decided that we would stop everything and just enjoy married life. January 2014 I got back in touch with the fertility clinic and ask if I could just try clomid one more time as I knew from before that it worked. I had to have some hope. It had been a long 3 years and 2 years of fertility treatment. Well they agreed and I went and picked up my clomid to start on my next period.... Well my next period never came and me and hubby fell naturally after 3 and a half years!!! I am now 9 weeks pregnant and taking everyday as a blessing We cannot believe it still , we really never thought it would happen for us and specially not natural. Just shows when people say relax then it does work. I feel for any couples that are going through fertility problems but I would just like to say to them - keep your head high don't give up . I know it's hard when every month the test says no. God I could of had shares in clear blue digital lol!! It will happen xxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations, Lottie1988.

Your post made me cry and whoop all at the same time.

How lovely and amazing and WONDERFUL!
  • Options
    Lottie, I'm so happy for you. Our stories are similar in many ways. DH and I fell naturally after finally relaxing know that in my next cycle we would be doing IUI. Took a little over 3 years, but I'm 23 weeks and looking forward to seeing my little one in july image I think stories like yours (and mine) van give many women hope.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I also forgot to add that during the 3 and a half years I suffered very bad depression and anxiety image I wasn't myself and the fertility treatment was tearing mine and my husbands marriage apart as we hadn't been married very long when we started it all.

But I did always have hope! Xx