Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Has anyone tried the before conception pregnacare? How to us? Did they work?

Sorry for the long post but here goes X

has any one use these? I have read so many good reviews of them i figured anythings worth a try!

Me and my partner have been TTC since April 2016 with no luck, the nhs cant help us as we are lucky enough to have a son already, but i wanted to see what my options were before we think of going down the private route! I have PCOD, however before having my son i was on the pill and fell pregnant on it!!!!!!! after having my son i had the iud coil put in and that is where my problems seemed to start......... I bled for 6 months before the Dr said enough's enough and removed it. Since then i haven't had one normal or regular cycle, and the start of 2016 i was very nearly admitted to hospital because the blood loss was so extreme and after bleeding extremely heavily for close to 4 months solid i had become very anemic! any how after being put on 3 different tablets to stop the blood flow my period finally stopped the end of Feb, i then didn't have another period until April where i bled for 2 weeks then stopped. That when we decided to stop using contraception, and i then did not have a period until the end of July and then i bled from then until the end of the first week of September, then i had another period for 2 weeks the end of October, then i didn't bleed again until the 19th December and there is still not let up in it yet! 

Its driving me bonkers to say the least and i have no clue when or if i even ovulate!! but i had read reviews of people trying for years up years and then fallen pregnant with ease once they started taking the pregnacare before conception tablets, and i also read many reviews where people had said it even made their periods regular again! can anyone give me any insight into if it did or didn't work for them? I have brought the clear blue digital ovulation tests so i plan to test most days if and when i finally stop bleeding.

I was also wondering when do/can i start taking the pregnacare! can i take it now even though I am bleeding or do i need to wait for the bleeding to stop?

Lastly I thought i'd add i am overweight which i know does not help but i am on slimming world and i have lost a stone and half since starting at the end of October, and i had the whole of December where i wasn't on plan because i was in hospital with a brain hemorrhage, but when i come out i was so grateful for still having my life that i figured who cares about what i eat its Christmas imageback on plan now though so hoping more weight loss will further aid the chances of conception

Replies

• Options

Hey 

I don't know if this helps but my periods where all over the place and my doctor suggested a two month cycle of the pill to re-regulate my cycle

I got pregnant straight away after this but had been taking the pregnacare  the same time! 

Fingers crossed for you! 

• Options

Congrats on the weight loss too! keep at it xx

• Options

Hi,

I just started taking the pregncare before conception. I have always had irregular periods. Has this work for anyone with irregular periods?

• Options

Hey 

It did work for me but the doctor gave me a few cycles of the pill to try to regulate my periods too..

Not sure if that helped or the pregnacare

Xx

• Options

Thanks for the feedback. This is my first time trying. For the past year my period has been normal but a couple months back it start being irregular again. In November on the 9th my period came it ended 5 days later. I bought clear blue and had sex when ovulating. I took a test about a week ago, around the time I just started the pill and it was negative. The 9th of this month has past and no period. I don't like taking the test because I get discouraged when it says negative. I have not been having symptoms only lower back pain and frequently peeing. Not to mention my pee is Tropicana yellow. 

• Options

Try not to put pressure on yourself.. I know it's easier said than done.. Give it another week and if you've still no period then do another test xx

• Options

Okay. Thank you.