Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Been TTC for a long time now!

I feel like I'm one of the unlucky few that unfortunately can't get pregnant. Just one of them ladies that when I'm old and grey I'm the only person in my family that won't have children of my own. I have a strong desire inside me to have a child, a part of me in this world.

I'm only 27. And I've never been pregnant before. With a previous partner we was TTC and I was promised a test of my fallopian tubes then at my next appointment the gynae said they won't do it as I am overweight. Surely i have the right to know if I'm fertile or not?! 

My periods are as irregular as they come. I was on provera tablets for a while called medroxyprogesterone. Had to take them for 3 weeks and have a week off. Because I was in pain when bleeding my GP told me about 6 months ago to come off them to give my body a break. So my periods have been coming every 2 weeks and lasting for 2 weeks. So in my head when I'm due to ovulate, I start bleeding so in theory am I not ovulating?

I was on metformin for a while but felt like it didn't help with the bleeding so gave it up. And I was also diagnosed with PCOS like 10 years ago. Every scan i used to have they would see some follicles or see nothing at all to suggest I have PCOS. As you can imagine i don't feel very hopeful and am very depressed about all of this.

I was wondering if anyone else had the same sort of issues as me and still conceived?

Any advice would be appreciated. I can't go on like this. When I bleed i need 2 maternity sized pads and it still leaks through! Surely this isn't normal!

I'm not sure if I should get a 2nd opinion or ask to restart the metformin or provera.

At the moment I'm not bleeding and haven't for just over a week. So I know AF is just around the corner. I also have a very weird feeling like a throbbing pain on my left hand side. This is unusual for me to feel just before AF is due so I keep panicking it's a cyst. I used to think every little niggle or pain was just me being pregnant but with so many times i got my hopes up I never think that anymore as I'm trying to get used to the idea that I will never be a mum. It's hard when you see people around you taking their children for granted and put things before there child. When I know if it was me, I wouldnt jeopardise my child's well-being for my own selfish needs.

Replies