Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help with BBT please x

Hoping for some advice! We’ve been TTC for a year now after our son Jack died at 6 days old, with no success. We weren’t trying when we got pregnant with Jack, we were actually using the withdrawal method as I didn’t want to be pregnant when we got married (I know withdrawal isn’t 100% but it’s what we decided at the time).  But he was a very happy surprise! I have pretty regular cycles, (28/29 days), apart from the last month which was 39, and this month where I’m pretty sure I ovulated on day 8. No idea what’s gone on there.  I’ve started tracking my BBT to get a more accurate idea of when I’m ovulating (already do the test sticks and record CM etc) but I’m just finding that my temp is all over the place and not giving me any useful information. Should I be using a really sensitive thermometer? Currently I’m using one of those ‘gun’ type ones that I put to my forehead first thing in the morning. It measures to one decimal place, so 36.6 or 36.7 etc.  Would really appreciate any advice!! Thank you ladies xx

Replies

• Options

Hello Lucy! Firstly I’m so sorry to hear about your son, I can only imagine how hard that must have been for you both. 

In regards to BBT, ideally you need a basal thermometer, they measure to .02 of a degree so more accurate. You can get them pretty cheap from amazon. You need to take your temps at the same time each day if possible, as soon as you wake up. I use an app called Fertility Friend to track my temps. Just got back into it this cycle as I havent been doing it recently. Good luck to you xx