Forum homeโ€บ Getting pregnantโ€บ Long term TTC & infertility
๐Ÿšจ Advance warning ๐Ÿšจ This forum will be closing on 1st May โ€“ please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Apt nxt wk help with what to ask..

Hi ladies

So have got another follow up appt at recurrent mc clinic nxt tues, even though managed to get the remainder of blood results over the phone we will be discussing these but as there clear not sure what there will be to discuss.

He had mentioned previously about doing a hysteroscopy or a lap as have a history of endometriosis.

I know it's hard for anyone to tell me what to ask but what would you ask if it were you, I dont want them to just discharge me cause I feel really helpless at the moment & as much as we want a baby I am now going through a panicky stage again about mc again.

Last week I started to think about if I was pg (CD2 so am not) & I was overcome with fear that it just wouldnt be successful cause we've lost 4 already.

Sorry for such a low post I just dont know what to do anymore );

xx (also in ttc after mc)

Replies

• Options
    bump
  • Options
    i go on my clinic forum and their are alot of ladies who have the same problem and i currently having further tests to see if their is a problem with carrying baby it may be good to ask about further tests?
  • Options
    Hi Laujai

Not having had a mc, I'm not sure I can I can help much but I'd definitely take any tests they offer. I've had an hsg and scan.

I'd ask about alternative therapies you can have, any diets you can possibly go on or any support groups there are which you can join.

Not sure if that's helped at all but good luck with it. I find you have to go armed with questions to get anything out of them!]
    Lx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.

Im gona speak to them about having the hysteroscopy & how my endometriosis may affect me carrying a baby, im also concerned about any more surgery i.e. another lap cause of the risk of more scar tissue & how this will affect our chances.

Sometimes just having a chat with you ladies gets your brain ticking & Q popping up that would be good to ask !! xxx
  • Options
    Hey sweetie, your feelings are totally understandable. It's so easy for docs to discharge because they haven't found anything and leave you feeling very alone. I think you should talk to the cons about these feelings and the emotional impact of so many m/c's as well as your fears of m/c again. Definitely would want to know if there are any other tests that can be done. And perhaps to hear about whether they have seen others in a similar position and what the outcome has been for them.

Sorry if not that helpful having not experienced this, but just wanted to say mainly that your feelings are totally understandable. xxx
  • Options
    Thanks TBD that is very helpful. We dont think to talk about the emotional impact it has & how it leaves us feeling about future pg it's always about the medical side of things & not the emotional part of it. I will discuss the hysteroscopy that he said he would want to perform & how if there is a problem with my uterus (cause of the endo & previous laps) what would be the next step for us.

Thanks very much hun feel like i have lots of notes to write ready for tues!! xxx
  • Options
    You're welcome honey. I was amazed that at our follow-up we spent about 1 min talking about the medical aspect where we were told you may struggle to conceive with DH sperm but not impossible, it's up to you how patient you are.... And then the whole appt was spent discussing the emotional impact. Which is what lead us to start IVF immediately as it was impacting me so much that he felt it was probably hindering us conceiving anyway even if sperm did miraculously meet egg. It's an important aspect that docs shouldn't overlook. Glad you have some more notes now xx
  • Options
    Hey Lau,
    I think all of the suggestions above sound goof and very useful.
    I think if I were in your shoes,
    I would ask about what will happen next time you are pg. I would maybe get a prescription for anything they could recommend that you could start to take the minute you get your next |BFP.
    Not being a medic myself, of course I don't actually know if they can give you anything but I would certainly ask!

Good luck honey - I hope it goes well.
    x
  • Options
    Yea I agree TBD we spent a very short time talking about the emotional side of things & I would like to go into more detail think it may help.

Thanks MrsDao I will ask them about nxt time I get pg as this is big fear now as much as we want it & what will happen & if there are any wonder drugs I can have!!

Thanks for all your help ladies between you ladies & the ttc after mc lot I feel very prepared for the appt!! xxx
  • Options
    Hi laura hun,

Just a thought but you could maybe ask if there is anything else they can test for. Things you wouldn't ever think of effecting fertility etc.......like i never in a million years thought my diet could cause me fertility problems and so once I knew how high the MC risk was with coleiacs and low levels of vit b's I was super careful and made sure I was very strict with my diet and taking the suppliments.
    I'll never know for sure but im convinced I lost our 1st in the october before getting bfp and at the time i was very bad with not sticking to my diet etc and bloods proved it!
    I am very positive for you though laura and will have everything crossed that we hear good news very soon.
    Emxx
  • Options
    Thanks girls

Sanguine of course I wouldnt take it the wrong way sweetie I read that story yesterday & thats as much inspiration as you need if she cando it after 18 mc then why not me after 4!!! Thank you huni.

Em thanks hun thats a good thought thank you for taking the time to reply hun was just on my way to Feb to check in on you!! I will speak to then about diet as well as have had some problems in the past with wheat allergys.

Thanks gilrs your all stars & im feeling much better now xxx