Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Why don't people understand???????

I was very upsett earlier when I was at my paretns house and as always my mum wanted to talk bout it. I was explaining that the baby I miscarried wud have been due in 4 days and that I was findin it hard as I still wasn't pregnant. She tried to reassure me by saying that it took my aunty 5 years to get preg with her 1st baby. I tried to tell my mum that it really didn't help hearing that and then she sed that it took my aunty another 5 years to get pg the 2nd time. My mum just could not understand how hearing that was nto helping at all. It's so frustrating. I know she is trying to help but she really doesn't understand. It makes me feel so alone that no-one close to me understands the agony of long term ttc.
Am so glad that I can come on here though and speak to all you lovely ladies!!
Sorry rant over!!
xx

Replies

• Options
    hi
    sorry to hear your upset hun. i know how you feel. my mams the same shes very old school. can't understand when i say i'm going for tests etc. starts telling me they didn't have ivf in her day and all the rest of the babble. then proceeds to tell me its my weight and i've always been fat. who needs enemies eh?. (cheers mam). somtimes i don't think she thinks before she says things then can't understand when i get upset. she constantly reminds me how my sister didn't have this trouble and just how easy my sister fell. she came off the pill and fell within the first month. kind of p's me off and makes me feel like i'm an odd bod or something just cos i haven't fell by now. shes just got married and i just know shes gonna end up falling again soon then it'll be rubbed in more. i already get the rubbing salt in about how my sister has produced the first grandchild and will probably produce the second too.

keep your chin up, i know how hard it is and it will happen for you. were all just different i guess. reminding you of your aunt doesn't help but try not to get yourself worked up over it as then you'll stress yourself out.
    sending you lots of hugs and babydust x
  • Options
    Luc
    I know just what you mean - people trying to be helpful but you end up wanting to slap them - my favourites so far (you have to laugh or you'll cry (again))
    1. father in law: someone I worked with seemed to have lots of miscarriages - its more common than you think. His wife always seemed to be having a miscarriage whenever we had a new baby. .Hubby is one of four so you can imagine how encouraging this was

2. Sis: its only cos of improvements in technology that you even knew you were pregnant, years ago you wouldn't have even known.
    Trust me - I knew I was pregnant without tests and knew i was losing a baby. And this from the girl who needed antidepressants after her boyfriend split up with her
    I think we should try to forgive them and rely on each other for real support, we know our folks mean well but we really wish they'd think before they speak sometimes
  • Options
    i understand soem people just dont get it.
    when i mc somebody said to me are you sure you were even pregnant and not just a heavy period?
    have also had lots of comments about weight etc. i have been pregnant 3 times in 6 months'(2 mc, which drs said not due to weight),am 22 weeks now.
    everybody who falls by accident just pushes the knife deeper in. Thosw who arent sure if they want their baby??
    its a mad world when ttc! wish you ttc all the very best of luck and babydust.
    Filo x