Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Clomid question- What do I do if AF arrives??

Hi,

Thank you to all those who have replied to other posts about Clomid, I'm afraid I have another question.

Day 28 is this Sunday and I am starting to worry about what to do if I do get AF. Do I continue taking Clomid even though I don't know if I have ov'd until I see my GP on 6th August for the Day 21 results and husbands sperm results.

Every time I ring the hospital to get advice, it's such an ordeal to speak to someone and whilst I'm at work. I know they have said if I didn't ov that I should start on 100g of Clomid but I can't get that until I see the GP and in theory this could be Day 4 by this time and then it's the wrong time to start Clomid.

Do you think I should just take Clomid 50g on Day 2 as normal if AF does arrive on time and then see what happens at the GPs.

Thanks for your help xx

Replies

• Options
    hi there Billie...If it was me i think i would just take clomid when u are due to start, i suppose it can do no harm to jus take it, rather than wait for results and having to wait until next month, but if u are still unsure id give ure doc a ring.

Baby Dust 4 U xx
  • Options
    umm, tricky one,

Ive decided to test a wee bit early, and then dependant on result get my GP appointment booked in asap, so i can get my next prescription before day3.

Why cant you get results earlier? i know you have to pester the surgery (well you do mine) but usually doc will phone me with results if i explain i will be wasting a precious appointment.

If thats a no go, id just carry on with 50g...

Good lucky clomid buddy x
  • Options
    Hi billie,

I would def start the clomid on the correct day but as for the dose its a tricky one, could you telephone for the results of your blood test? that way you would know in time, i know its a pain but if you have ov'd on 50 then there is no need to take 100

Good luck x
  • Options
    If I have Ovd, do I carry on taking Clomid or do you stop?