Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Looks like i am sick again ladies :(

For all who didnt know me last march/april i was really sick with a huge cyst on my right ovary. It took my local hospital 5 weeks to find this cyst then they decided to drain it and things have been ok up intill now. I had to leave work after only 1 hour to run to docts and he thinks i may have cyst again. He gave painkillers and said if its still just as bad or gets worse i was to go to A+E. That was suppose to be last night but i just decided to stay at home and take painkillers all night. I am still having pain just as bad now and it has been like this for over 24hours now but i really dont want to go to hospital. I had been fine after the last cyst i had so this has come really out of the blue. I will get into so much trouble at work as i am off sick at the moment. Life is just not going well for me. I am still waiting on AF so i can start clomid for the 1st time but now i am worried that if i am getting cysts again they wont ket me take it. I just dont know what to do anymore so looking on the web for things to cheer me up. Hope everyone else on BE is well. XX

[Modified by: ylacoutts on 17 February 2010 20:11:42 ]

Replies

• Options
    Maybe it would be best to go to the hospital incase it is a cyst, that way they can remove it and you can start your clomid. I hope you find something to cheer you up! xx
  • Options
    If it is a cyst then they may just leave it like they were going to do last time but the surgical team wanted to see if there was amything elese going on and the drained the cyst while they were in there. I will see how i feel tomoz then will fone GP and see when he says. There is always something itsnt there! XX
  • Options
    If I were you I would definately seek medical attention. Could you phone NHS24 for some advice?

Sounds horrible, I really hope you get better soon!

xoxo
  • Options
    I will leave it tonight and call DR again tomoz and see what he says. The only thing i am really worried about is taking clomid and TTC and hoping whatever is going on will not effect that. You girls are correct and i should get some help but like last time there is nothing they will do this late at night just take me back in 1st thing in morning for a scan to see what is going on. I think as i only went through this a while ago that i am not as worried this time as i know what to expect and what will happen. Thanks for bein there ladies. XX
  • Options
    Hi ylacoutts

I've been in a very similar situation, having had a big cyst 6 years ago that needed to be drained. I was rushed into hospital twice last year with suspected ruptured cyst/appendicitis/ectopic. Both times it's looked like I'd had a cyst on my right ovary which had ruptured - hence the crippling pain I was in!

It's definitely worth going to the doctors and finding out for definite what's causing the pain so you can get the right treatment if you need to, it really could be anything.

• Options
    Hope all goes well for you today ylacoutts and that you are feeling a bit better. Fingers crossed you'll be fixed and onto Clomid asap.x
  • Options
    Well ladies i called the DR this morning and he says to just keep on with pain killers and resting and see how i get on. If i get any worse i have to go to hospital straight away. My cyst last year was big but it didnt burst so i dont think if i have one again that it will (it defo hasnt burst yet i think i would notice the difference in pain) OH is looking after me and i am just taking it very easy. I will keep you all updated Thankx for all the messages ladies. XX
  • Options
    Hope you feel better soon hun, glad OH is looking after you x
  • Options
    Sending you a huge hug! Hope you are feeling better soon xxx
  • Options
    hey hope u feel better soon, ur OH sounds lovely xxxx
  • Options
    Ylacoutts I can tell you that a ruptured cyst is VERY painful, even with cocodamol I was in agony. You really should get it checked out though if the pain doesn't subside, as I found out myself if you start the clomid it can aggrevate your cyst and/or prevent potential pg if you do ov by getting in the way.
  • Options
    My pain is just like before and my cyst hadnt burst then and i am still feeling a little pain when taking the pain killers but i defo do not think this cyst (if it is that) has burst. I am going back to GP in the morning and will take his advice then. The last time i went through this i felt the hospital and my GP didnt take me serious untill the unexpectially found a cyst. They were saying my pain was in my head and that was it. I think thats why i am so reluctant to go back to hospital as i am worried i will get that same reaction. I do promis i a going to GP tomoz and will do whatever he says. Thanks again ladies for your support. XX
  • Options
    My god, you poor thing! I know what you mean about the Dr's and hospitals not taking you seriously enough. When i was ill a few weeks ago with an accute stomach bug called Helicobactor Pylori, i was in complete and utter pain. I lost over a stone in 9 days and went to my doctor 4 times before they took a blood test - which i was told would take TWO weeks for the results!!!!!!! I had a breakdown in the doctor and told them i couldn't go on. I hadn't eaten, slept and could hardly move for the pain but they sent me away once again. The very next day i got a phone call from my surgery and they told me they got the results back as a matter of urgency from the lab and that i had a really bad stomach bug! I went through a week of this pain with no help at all from my Dr. I know they can't just look at you and diagnose a problem, but they could do all they can to get to the bottom of it. I was honestly in and out of my Dr within 3 minutes of being seen each time and sent away with a prescription for different painkillers.

Not only had i been over ??70 in prescriptions that week alone, i was given 18 tablets a day to take for a week solid. I was practically a walking corpse :lol:

So i can totally sympathise with you. I really hope you get something sorted out soon, i really feel for you. You take care!!! xxx
  • Options
    Tiny T thats sounds really horrible but i know exactly how you feel about the DR.

I went back to my GP yesterday and it wasnt my normal DR someone who i had never seen before and she sent me to the hospital just for a scan. I had a letter so i didnt need to go to a+e so that was good. The scan showed i do have another cyst on my left ovary. It has been bleeding into it thats why i am in so much pain. They did ask me to stay the night for pain managment but i chose to come home as i didnt want to take up a bed that could have been used for someone who is more ill than me. She kept me in for a few hours to give me fluid. I have to go back next fri so they can check the cyst and see if they need to do anything to it. The hospital did say that i hadnt done any damage by not going in earlier and that they would only keep me in to take painkillers. I much prefer to take them at home and be in my own home with OH.

Thank you so much ladies for all your support! XX
  • Options
    Glad you've had a scan and hope the pain has gone a bit with the tablets? You definitely did the right thing by going home - I doubt you'd get much sleep and definitely OH will be a reassurance - horrid to be apart. I hope they can do something on Friday for you and that it all calms down soon. x

• Options
    The pain just dulls down with strong pain killers but i can cope with it. If it gets any worse i have to go back to the ward straight away and i had to cross my heart to the nurse to say i would go back if i needed to. I hope everything gets back to normal soon and i can get back to work. Looks like i will need to be off work next week aswell. I am in so much trouble with that but sure i am sick and they will get over it.image XX
  • Options
    ylacoutts, sorry to hear you're in so much pain but glad to hear you now know what's causing the pain. Hope the cyst disperses on it's own (that's what happened with both of mine - painful at the time but would rather that than surgery). Get a hot water bottle, some painkillers and relax. Don't worry about work, I'm pretty sure they can't do anything unless you've had disciplinary action for absence before.

xx
  • Options
    No disipliary at work but that wouldnt stop them trying anything to be honest. They are a big company (ASDA) and they have a high turn over in staff in our store. I do alot for them but they wouldnt think twice at replacing me.

They are really not going to be happy looks like i am going to need tome unpaid time off work as my step gran is slowly loosing her battle to cancer and my dad says its looking like only days now. Everything always happens at the one time!

Thanks ladies i really do feel better when i get nice messages from you all. XX