Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

life after infertility (also in IVF)

Hi All

I usually post under my 'real' name but am being a bit secretive as some family and friends are also BE members.

In Jan 08, my husband and I were told that because of our issues (I have PCO and fibroids, and OH had 99% abnormal morphology) we'd never conceive naturally.
As I was too old for NHS IVF, we went private. Had ICSI (at the Lister) in April 08 and were very lucky as it worked first time. Our son has just had his first birthday.

Whilst we're sorting ourselves out for the next round of IVF (saving the pennies, etc), we thought we'd try the conventional way image Used a fertility monitor and what do you know ....

I am 4+5 wks pregnant. My GP is being very unsupportive (refuses to believe it's viable until I've had a acan), but to me, I'm PUPO image

I just wanted to say to all who are struggling to conceive, naturally or with assistance, that despite all the odds being against you, minor miracles *can* happen so don't give up hope.

Have just re-read this, and apologies if it sounds smug, it's really not meant to be.

Love and babydust to everyone.

Replies

• Options
    Congrats again hon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just wanted to say your GP sounds like a t***er!!! Ignore him/her. You are not PUPO you are PREGNANT!!!!!! Woo hoo xx
  • Options
    YAYYYYY!!
    That's a fabulous story, thanks for sharing. Lovely to hear good news! Far from smug, it's actually really good to hear true stories of people who have come out the other side and had a happy ending. It's sometimes hard to stay positive that it can work out, while you're going through the journey. But I love that you've had double good news. Wishing you a very healthy and happy nine months. xx
  • Options
    Congratulations Oldermummy. That's fantastic.
    Its vey far from smug, I think it's wonderful & just shows & gives hope to others that it can happen!! Wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months! xx
  • Options
    well done and congrats. Wishing you a happy and heathly 9 months.

GX
  • Options
    What a lovely story - I'm so pleased for you! I hope the next 9 months go swimmingly and your little boy loves having a brother or sister!x
  • Options
    Hi oldermummy. Many congratulations on your pregnancy, hope everything goes well for you hun. Do you mind me asking how old you are? Also, were you still having regular afs???

Thanks, bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    Hi Bluebird
    I don't mind you asking at all. I am *cough* 39. Will be 40 before the baby arrives. Yes, was having AFs. Mostly regular - my cycle's between 21 and 24 days usually. Oddly, though, the one before I got pregnant was only 18 days.
    When AF didn't arrive, I just assumed it was my body making up for the previous short one and evening out, so to speak. Didn't occur to me for a minute that I might actually be preggie image
  • Options
    Congrats image
  • Options
    Oldermummy, you have made my day - thank you for posting!
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing!! Good luck over the next few months!!!
  • Options
    congrats heres to a H&H 9 months so glad it worked out for you

http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/36/3697/369712.png