Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

best way to 'keep it' all in??

hi laides
hubby and i are wondering what is the best way to keep his sperm inside me after BDing, as there arent many of his swimmers we want to give them the best chance, we have been trying for 3 yrs but still dont quite know best way lol, sorry tmi, even if i lay down with my bum up on our very big cushions for an hour, as soon as i get up within 2 minutes it all comeso ut again, well it feels like loads anyway.

has anyone tried anytihng that seems to work? or any suggestions?

goodl uck to everyone else
love MRS E xx

ps PMA is sky high today so roll on roll on ovulation

Replies

• Options
    Get a corkimage

I don't know cw - sorry. All I can say is the ones that are clever enouh to swim up will be long gone by the time you get up. The ones that escape weren't good enough for your egg!
  • Options
    Brilliant answer Gypsy, made me LOL :lol::lol:

I just try to lie down and and then go to sleep and hope that some of them find their way but still falls out in the morning :\?
  • Options
    Best way I've found is to BD last thing at night and then sleep and much less seems to be lost in the morning! Lots of luck - PMA is definitely a great start!

• Options
    :lol: Gypsy... ha!!

I also try to do it last thing at night, then fall sleep.... at lot less 'spillage' in the morning!!
  • Options
    Hey,
    what about using a tampon for a few hours? Good Luck hun xx
  • Options
    lol you ladies make me smile
    i did tihnk about the tampon thing but i wondered if it would absorb it all?
  • Options
    Yep good point but maybe it would be more effective than it escaping. Its nice to know we all think about these kinda things! image
  • Options
    lol, yes i guess it would be more effective in one way lol, wolud definatly plug it, but would also absorb the spermies and semen. but if i dont use one then it still escapes. so lose- lose situation.

maybe ..... BDing in doggy position as that allows the gentleman's bits to be as close othe cervix as possible xx
    what do you lovely ladies think? will it work or is it not worth trying?

cant wait to hear from you all xx
    love MRS E xx
  • Options
    Different positions are always worth tryingimage
  • Options
    My cousin got pregnant hun after 15months of trying and she swears it was by bedding with her on top and then straight after lying on her tummy for as long as possible. Good luck. x
  • Options
    OK tampon with a bag, cling film-something not anti sperm over it?
    Think I might try this tonight now I've thought of it as my new donor is coming for the third night running and -TMI-produces more semen than my old one so theres lots of spillage and its not like it's your oh's!!!YUK!!!
    Anyone think it may be worth a try?
    Helen.xx
  • Options
    I read some where (I seem to right this a lot on these forums!!!) that sperm only survive for around half an hour in your vagina they only live on if they get into the cervix so if you are lying down for a good half hour (hour to be safe) then the spillage that comes out is of no loss as it just contains wee dead ones??? I would look it up but I have read it a few times. Curious re stomach idea as I always lie on back. My mum took 4 years to get BFP with me and she swore it was cycling on her back after!!!!!! Oh the visions!!!
  • Options
    maybe really stupid question after reading people's responses but I'm gonna ask anyway! Don't you wipe or dry off (TMI) after BD? May be that's part of our problem! Apart from my lack of OV of course!:\?
  • Options
    I tried for 3 years and 8 months before I got my bfp and my hubbys mobility was low - the month we conceived I didn't think that it was possible as had a smear test however I thought best to give it a go... normally I had a custion under my bum but this month I did a head stand for about 5 minutes to make sure that they found the right way - and it bloody worked.... got my bfp that month... so maybe you need to help gravity for a few short minutes, not go to the toilet for about an hour and don't wipe or dry off just put your knickers back on quick... ahve a shower in the morning!! good luck girls xx
  • Options
    We have tried the donor approach this month and used a syring instead and nothing came out and i have loads of pma fingers crossed
  • Options
    i think we may have ot try that, lol. think ill get hubby to 'come' into a pot then syringe it into me xxx
    im currently on CD15 soooo BDing everyday xx
  • Options
    Well it still comes out for me as thats my only method. My previous donor only gave me 1ml of semen and I didn't lose any, but the new one was 3-4mls and I lost loads which was very unpleasant. Seriously thinking of using a tampon which cling film or something similar over it and leaving it in for a couple of hours whilst the best sperms get there and then I can remove the tampon and let the excess semen out into the loo which to me and my circumstances does seem pleasanter than lying in leakage. Sorry if this has been tmi!!xxx
  • Options
    Sorry but can i be bold here??? I once read in an article that if you had a big O (orgasm, yuck i hate that word) after your partner then it conracts the cervix into drawing sperm into the uterus, missionary position prefered xx
  • Options
    hi my lovlies,
    thank you for all your funny but helpful messages.

i think the tampon idea works in theory but i definatly do not think you should use cling film as it contains lots of unpleasant chemicals. maybe using a condom or something twisted at the bottom? or a rubber finger thingy (looks like a tiny condom)

and regarding the unpleasant donor semen leakage, that must be very hard for you, yes i think that seems like the best idea though (leaking into the toilet) xx
    keep me updated hunnies
    Mrs E xx
  • Options
    I have nitrile gloves for work-allergic to latex.- and had wondered about the finger from one of these over the tampon-but don't know what chemicals are in that either.xxx