Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Crap Day

I'm really p'd off today and i don't know if i'm just being over sensitive. (af is on her way and i'm in no mood)

I've just been to the doctors to pick up my repeat prescription for metformin.

The receptionist looked at me and said " wot have you got this for your not diabetic". I didn't answer cos the waiting room was full so i just took it out of her hand and said i know i haven't. a bit rude of me i know but i'm not going to tell everyone in the doctors i have pcos.
so i take my prescription to the pharmacy and get the same thing.
"are you diabetic then?"
"no" I reply
"well what have you got this for" at which point i felt like screaming.

anyway i told her it was because i've got PCOS and it regulates the sugar. she said " i know that but i don't know why they've gave it to you. only diabetics should get this". then just rolled her eyes at me.

so that just sums it up. i felt like crying on the way home i felt so crap. why don't these people look pcos up and see what one of the main medications they give you is. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh image

ah i feel a little better now. lol. just needed to vent my frustration.

i'm at the ice hockey tonight. hopefully i can vent my anger in a good old ice hockey fight. :lol:

http://www.free-blinkies.com/blinkies/TTC/bsm_ttc_with_pcos.gif

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/21a2db/ttc.png

Replies

• Options
    ..oh tasha...how awful - they really should have more empathy and bloody confidentiality! ...at my GPs I know most of the receptionists so whenever I go for tests etc you can see it in their eyes!

when I was diagnosed with PCOS - after going to doc due to TTC issues - he recommended I went on the pill!!! hahahahah! whatever - sometimes I wonder! i pointed out to him we were TTC again and he retreated!

hope ice hockey goes well and youdont injure too many!! xx
  • Options
    OMG Tasha, thats bloody disgraceful!! What the hell has it got to do with the RECEPTIONIST what your 'scrip is for???!!!!! Cheeky cow! You were far more restrained than I would have been, Im afraid I would have told her to keep her big butt out and that if she was such a bloody expert why was she a receptionist and not a gp!!!!!!

As for the pharmacist, :roll: . You should have told her to either brush up on her training, or that if she had a problem to take it up with your gp as he was the one who prescribed it!!!!

Sorry to rant like this, as you can probably tell I do not take kindly to idiots inerfering where they have no right!!!! :lol: Im really annoyed on your behalf now! Go bash some hockey players!!! :lol:
  • Options
    heehee thanks girls. glad you agree and its not just me being daft.

i told my friend earlier on the phone (shes also ttc) and she went mad about it.

i hate it in my doctors its all open and the receptionists are right next to the patients and its all open so theres no privacy. and when you walk it you can hear a pin drop so you just know everyones listening