Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone know what is normal result for day 21 bloods?

Hi,

Does anyone know what is a normal range for the results of the day 21 bloods? Mine came back today with a count of 74! and the letter said 'high luteal level'. Considering didn't think I'd ov this mth am very surprised! GP has said results "satisfactory, no further action" but not fully confident in him. Just wondered what everyone else's results were.

Thanks

Em J xx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya EmJ

From what I remember anything over 30 is good so 74 sounds excellent! Mind you my best friend had a progesterone level of 1 and conceived that month. Sometimes I think you can can too bogged down with figures.

I had my progesterone checked today but won't get results for a week. Unfortunately we've recently found out hubby's SA is pretty disastrous but the support and advice from everyone on this forum has been amazing.

Good luck image

xxx

• Options
    Thanks hun, there are all sorts of things which they can do to help your hubby so don't despair and good luck xxx
  • Options
    Thank you!
    It probably sounds weird but after 8 months and not having a BFP it's a relief to find a reason so we can move on and look at alternatives.
    Hubby's keen on ICSI having twins job done!!!
    Better go to bed I suppose.....
    Night!
    xxxx
  • Options
    Yes that seems good,

Mine is very low, only 2.1 and i dont ov and dont have periods! Im waiting to be prescribed clomid.

Good luck

Gem x
  • Options
    hello chick I got the same response but when at consultation got exact figure of 54 I think from memory and they count normal as anything over 30?? YOu must be like me and want to know every detail and rightly so!!! I wanted to know if normal was right on the border as then I would have pushed for more tests!!!

Am I right in thinking you were the same as me with funny bleeding before af??? The past two months it has stopped for some reason?? Last month just got AF on day 26 no brown cm and this month on day 26 have started to get af twinges but no brown cm??? Sort of glad as hopefully what ever was wrong is fixed LOL
  • Options
    Hi Moonbean,

Yes I too have the yacky brown stuff before af, but last mth just had it as normal spotting the day before af and this month just a couple of days before. Have been taking b6 and agnus cactus so maybe working?! Or maybe it's just our bodies starting to adjust!

How long have you been off birth control? Really wishing you luck and hope we'll be sharing news of our BFP's really soon!

Em J xxx
  • Options
    Hi chick since November 2007 image so would have expected it to be sorted by now, I did read that stress can reduce prog production so I was wondering could that have been a factor?? I'm just having a crap time with the hospital too, I jumped in on Kaycees post and had a rant about the hos its just disgusting i'm fed up image
  • Options
    I dont now about the readings as i never asked about mine just got told i dont ov, on clomid.
    But the "satisfactory no further action" comment means that its not bad but could be better, its borderline!