Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

damn body!!!!

Hi just wanted some advice and wandered if anybody else has had the same problem. i came off the pill in december 07 and didnt have af for about 3 months. then i had af and the following month had af again which came on time according to last. then i didnt have another for about 2-3 months then i had another which was last month but according to last months dates i should have had af on wednesday but nearly a week late now and nothing!! Surely my body should be back to normal by now??!! if i remember righlty before i went on pill i dont think i evr had regular af's. they came regulary but lasted for about 3 weeks each time!! damn body!!! any suggestions?? xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Sweetie

I don't have any advice really, but just wanted to offer support & let you know i am in a similar boat. I came off the pill in Jan (1 month after you) and had my wd bleed, then had my first real AF after about 2 months, then didn't have one again until 4 months after that and now waiting to ov again (hopefully). I also was quite irregular before I went on the pill - in fact that was the reason I went on it in the first place.

I went to my doctor already about it and he was not concerned and just said I could go back in October / November if I was still having the same problem. I am concerned that I might have a hormonal problem or something like PCOS.

Anyway, let us know how you get on & I'll be interested to hear other people's advice too.

xxx
  • Options
    Hi girlies

Just wanted to offer my support to you both, i've been off the pill since Oct 07 and have been having really irregular cycles wd bleed took 3 weeks then 1st af/bfp was 30 days, 2nd af after mc was 42days, next was 59, then 107!!!!! Admitidly i have always had problems with afs being very irregular and heavy often pro-longed bleedin as well.

Latest af has been awful i've been bleeding V V V V heavily for 3 weeks, passing massive clots and there has been no sign of stopping until i started taking some tablets the doctor perscribed which pretty much stopped it immediatly ( only started taking them last night and stopped this afternoon).

Fortunatly for me i already have a diagnoses in that i have PCOS and the doctors have also mentioned endrometresis, i would suggest that u both go to your doctors and ask if u can be tested for this as ur symptoms are very much like mine.

best of luck. xxxxx
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice. i wasn't sure wether to post in here as i haven't been ttc for long but thought ppl who have been trying longer were more likely to have finally got somewhere with docs and may have had the same problems. was just at a loose end really. thanks again for advice and will let u know how i get on at docs. xxx