Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hang in there!

Hi girls,

Im actually only in month 1 of TTC but i have PCOS so logged on here a few times to read your experiences. The reason im writing is oday at work i met a women who got pregant unexpectedly at 48! Now i appreciate most dont want to wait that long, but i found her story amazing. She had tried to concieve through 30's, when it didnt happen she resigned herself to never having children and they never sought help. She is now 50 with a 15 month old.. tiring yes, but she tell's me its the best thing she's ever done. I suppose its just a reminder, it still might happen. dont give up yet!

Baby dust to all

Gem x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Gem. Your story has thrilled me image I am 47 and ttc so it gives me some hope. I fell pg when i was 45 but sadly lost the baby. How wonderful for this lady and a massive boost to my pma! Thank you so much for sharing it.

lots of love, bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    Only just read this and wow! thats amazing, I bet she couldn't believe it! My husbands great gran also fell pregnant at 48 unexpectedly after apparently thinking she was too old by then.
    Life really does take people by surprise! xx
  • Options
    I know it's not quite the same and it prob happened as my Mum is very dippy (in a good way - you'd have to eet her to know what I mean). Mum fell preg with my youngest brother at 37 - she was on the pill and her periods stopped so she thought she was going through the menopause and stopped taking her pills. She didn't even know she was expecting until she started to show - lol nice surpise though - couldn't imagine life without my baby bro now.
    She wasn't far wrong though I remember she went through menopause the same time as I started my periods - I was 12, she was 41. I heard that daughters tend to go through menopause at a simillar age to their mothers...has anyone else heard this? If it's true non of these things will happen to me!
    xx