Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1st Appointment tomorrow

Hi im Amanda and have my 1st appointment tomorrow at the fertility clinc, im nrevous and excited at the same time.
Does anyone know how long the first appintments last and what should i expect
Thanks
Amanda x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Amanda. Welcome. Everyone is so nice here. Have you has your bloods and sa done yet?

Our first appointment lasted about an hour and a half. They will ask you lots of questions to get your history and probably arrange further tests. Ours made our next appointment which is october which all results will have been done.

Sorry I should have introduced myself. I'm v and I'm 36 oh is 38. We've been ttc for 7 months but due to age got checked out sooner rather than later. First tests showed hubs has no sperm. We are hoping this is due to the two hours plus it took to analyse but I think it's just wishful thinking.

Once again welcome. There are lots of lovely ladies who have much more knowledge than me and are all lovely and very friendly. Good luck.

V x
  • Options
    Hi amanda,

I had my first appointment last week. They took all our history and sorted out blood tests for me on day 2 and 27 to check I'm
    ovulating, know I am though. Booked in for a scan and an hcg dye test to check my tubes. Husband has to have a sperm test and we go back end of September for next steps.

Good luck and let us know how you get on x x
  • Options
    Hi
    I have had my bloods done on days 2 and 29 (i have approx 40 day cycle) and they showed that i have ovulated and OH has done his SA which came back abnormal the mophology was only 6% so he has to have them done again in a few weeks.
    Im 38 and OH is 39 and we have been trying for 2 years, from going to the doctors to getting my first appointment was 3 days i was really shocked.
    I will let you know tomorrow how i get on.

Amanda x
  • Options
    I hope things go ok tomorrow and they can give you more information, I imagine they will not be able to confirm much until the second SA is done which might be frustrating.

Let us know how you get on - is this through the NHS at the mo?

• Options
    Just wanted to say. Good luck for today x x
  • Options
    jsut wanted to wish you luck! i am waiting for an appointment but have got another few weeks on the waiting list as yet! x
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your support.
    Today went really well, as ive already had my bloods done, but still had to have one for ruebella. Lots of questions and height and weight taken. Unfortunatly i didnt have the scan and swabs done as time of the month but arranged to have them done in 3 weeks.
    I have to arrange to have a HSG done and OH needs to have is SA done again as they want one done by them and not another hospital.
    And i have my follow up appointment 20th September, gives me 8 weeks to lose some more weight i need to get my BMI down by 2. Think i will be hitting the gym and swimming again.

Amanda x
  • Options
    That's good amanda, we are at the same stage, my next app is the 28th september and i'm aiming to shed a afew pounds too!

I'm waaiting for my hcg too x x
  • Options
    Whereabouts are you? would be interesting to see if anyone is close by. Im in Shropshire but under the Countess in Chester.
    Amanda
  • Options
    Hi there,
    Sorry to gate crash this thread but I was wondering if anyone is in Wales and using the IVF Wales clinic in the UHW? After reading all your experiences of your first appointments at the fertility clinic it appears that we have really had the raw end of the deal after only being in the appointment for 15 mins, not being given another appointment and being put on waiting list for lap and dye and not being given a date for this proceedure. I feel that I want to complain but not sure how or if we have any case to argue.
  • Options

[Modified by: TigerBoo on July 26, 2010 07:57 PM]

• Options
    wishing you lots of luck hun XXX